Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 24ve speedometer issues

Hello all,
    Had this boat for 5 years or so now and it has been great, a beauty surf boat with some ballast help from this forum.

The speedometer on my boat has started to work only intermittently, it will stick at a random speed, then next time I speed up it adds that speed to the original speed, and again until it maxes out at 50mph. It will reset to 0 and start the process over when I turn the boat off. This has rendered my speedset useless as well. I have tested the electrical connections according the farria manual for the guage and everything seems fine there. The depth finder, gauge lights and tachometer are all working perfect. From what I understand it cannot be the paddle wheel as that cannot make my gauge be reading at 50mph, so I think I need a new guage.

Farria Commander gauges which is what comes with this boat are no longer available, I have been keeping my out for a while now but no luck in the used department either. So it looks like I need to buy a different kind of speedometer and add a depth finder.

Does anyone have any advice as to what gauges to buy and will it tie in properly with the perfect pass?
    Thank you,

Just to be clear - when you turn on the speed set, the digital gauge does the same thing? Shows an incremental max speed?

If so, that means it’s not the gauge. It may be the paddle wheel isn’t sending the right signal. (And by paddle wheel, I mean the unit that house it and the temp gauge and all that on the bottom of the boat. )

Free or Mike or someone will know better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought an 07 had Medallion setup with both analog and digital speedo. Maybe it was 08. Either way, im also curious if its the analog speedo or the digital thats freezing.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Sorry my bad it is a 2006 so no digital Speedo.

Comment

Ok yeah, 06 was Faria analog only, So my gut says that if the needle freezes but the ACCU-SET (or Speed-Set if the touch pad has been replaced) still works, its got to be a gauge issue.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

You are correct it is accu-set, I replaced just the touchpad when I got the boat. But now the accu-set does not work when the gauge is malfunctioning. I dont know how it works, but if both the accu-set and speedometer guage are not working at the same time does that imply that it is the paddlewheel after all, or can a faulty speedometer gauge impact the workings of the accu-set?
            Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X