2006 TIGE 20V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 TIGE 20V

Took the boat out with a potential buyer hit a wave hard and the boat alarm started going off. Had to put into nuetral and re-start ran fine in smooth water….any ideas where to find the issue. I replaced the ECOS at the beginning of the year and the connections seem fine…beyond that I’m not sure where to begin…I appreciate any assistance.

"The boat alarm" is a pretty broad statement. Could you expand on exactly the sound of the alarm, beeping, constant beep, loss of power etc...? Most likely nothing to worry about but a connection to a sensor on the engine or transmission that was jogged when you hit the wave. A DTC reader would be able to tell you if there's a stored code in the ECM but beyond that you're looking for something that doesn't sound like it will be found unless you can replicate it.
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

It was a loose ground wire on the bus bar causing the alarm and limp mode…took a little bit to find the issue but all better…apologies for the poor description

Comment

If it's a mefi 4 and you need to scan it in the future LMK. I have scanning software & the USB to engine connector. You've helped me out in the past

Comment

will do thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X