2012 Tige RZ4 Loud Vdrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 Tige RZ4 Loud Vdrive

I am the new owner of a 2012 Tige RZ4. The Vdrive seems loud in my opinion to me. I had a 2006 20V Mp 340. It’s kind of a loud hum or whine noise the moment you put in drive and goes away in nuetral. Any possible input would be appreciated.

What is your engine and v drive configuration?? I forgot what years got what....if it's a ZF 45IV they are just notoriously noisy in my experience.

Comment

I have the PCM 409 motor…I’ll take a pic after work…I’m not certain what VDrive it is

Comment

That will be a velvet drove "Power Plus" probably a 1.56 ratio (will be on the tag). The dipsticks need a 3/8 open end wrench to check. I'd start by checking fluid levels. Normally they are pretty quiet except for the standard whine in reverse that comes from Trans not vdrive.

Have seen a few output seal fail on them and leak. Other thing is people don't get the cooler drained and it's cracks and makes milkshake in the box and wipes it out.

Comment

well, my transmission is shot, yeah me, have been quoted thru Texas Tige to have a new one drop shipped to me $2717 to my door and will be pulling the triggervery soon. Being this is a new to me boat any maintenance things I should do while I am there replacing the transmission during the off season? I found a great write up on another forum to use as a guide on replacing the tranny. I appreciate any and all advice.

Comment

I'd call Harbor Marine in Washington and price a refurbished Trans from them or possibly just sending yours to them for rebuild over winter. I'd consider doing the flex plate and a Glide shaft seal while it's apart. Also the Trans is what the rear engine mounts bolt to so you will have to block up the oil pan if you don't pull the whole show out.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
              That will be a velvet drove "Power Plus" probably a 1.56 ratio (will be on the tag). The dipsticks need a 3/8 open end wrench to check. I'd start by checking fluid levels. Normally they are pretty quiet except for the standard whine in reverse that comes from Trans not vdrive.

Have seen a few output seal fail on them and leak. Other thing is people don't get the cooler drained and it's cracks and makes milkshake in the box and wipes it out.
              This quote above was a good call and exactly what led to my issues. I ended up replacing transmission and Vdrive. Nashville boating Center took great care of me and helped make a tough situation better. I live 6 hours away from them and they made the process as easy as it could be. Can’t say enough good things about them!

Comment

You came to Nashville and did have a beer with me. shame shame.LOL

Comment

Next time!! I want to come up and bring the family when they all ride boats to the titans game…I have a good friend who showed me videos and works at Nashville Boating Center and my boys would love it!!

Comment

I'm looking at a 2012 rz4 with a 350 engine. How is the power with a 350? Seems a little small for the size

Comment

Working...
                    X