2007 24ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 24ve

Hey Guys, I'm totally new to tow-boats. I'm going to look at a boat tomorrow. What should I be looking at?

It's a lower hour for its age I feel. 380ish hours. Vinyl looks decent from the pictures. Any help/guidance would be appreciated. Located in Ontario Canada

Are the advertised hours from the helm gauge or engine computer?

Just turn on everything to see what works and doesnt work. Make sure the bilge is dry prior to the water test, then check for water after.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Hours are from a helm gauge readout. Are they easily manipulated? Thanks for the input

Comment

Make sure the speed set works. Check the engine oil, transmission oil, and v drive oil for A cream color. Make sure the taps actually picks the boat up. Make sure the steering is relatively easy under power.

If you can get it to a mechanic and do a compression test etc on the motor never a bad idea.

Make sure all the ballast pumps and stuff all work and drain.

I have a 22ve, same year, similar hours (just over 400). It’s a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks a bunch!

Comment

Helm gauge counts hours completely independently of the ECM. True hours can only be retrieved by computer. Bought my '06 from the local Dealer with the understanding it had a little over 700 hours (helm gauge reading). Turns out it was closer to 1000.

Comment

Speaking from experience because I bought a 2005 22v this year and have had nearly everything go bad on me....

I also bought mine as a 400ish hour boat. Turned out to be 1100 when I had the ECM plugged into a shop. They simply replaced the gauge when the boat was 700 hours in.

I wish I would have checked my V drive & tranny fluid before buying mine. My V drive fluid was pretty dirty. Check the V belts if you know how to spot a worn belt. +1 on checking if steering is tight. Not a deal breaker but bargaining power if it's really tight bc then you will have to replace the cable. also +1 on checking taps plate.. It's important. I fixed my own but again, bargaining power. Check bottom of hull for any ugly patch work. Check the prop blades obv. Ask when the fuel filter was last replaced. See if you can unscrew the fuel filter to check yourself with a strap wrench. Water test it. A lot of problems can be undetected on a fake lake. Compression test is easy if you have the gauge. Check the trailer for break fluid and maybe see how dirty it is. Check the manufacturer date on the trailer tires.. 4 numbers, first two are week and last two are year. Trailer tire life is 5 years max. Check all gauges. One or two gauges not working is no big deal but if all gauges don't work that's a bad sign. Listen how well it starts. If it cranks real weak the starter may be going out.... mine did.

Comment

Hey Guys, Thanks for the input. I ended up pulling the trigger on it. There was a few things that need some attention, None of them are deal breakers to me. Boat seemed pretty solid for a boat that is 14yrs old. It has been serviced every year by the local Tige dealer here in Ontario.
                laundry list includes...
                • One small chip out of gel coat down to fiberglass need to be fixed
                • Speakers on one side of the boat are not working
                • A few seats need to have the vinyl replaced
                • Bimini top fabric is stretched and sagging
                • One of the docking lights is out
                • trailer harness plug needs to be swapped out, running lights are not working but all other functions are.
                • Boat needs a good polish
                Was able to drop him down in price more then enough to compensate for the stuff that needs attention. Most of the work I can do my self with a bit of research.

Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Working...
                X