Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 22i Type R - New Boat Owner

Hey everyone,

I bought a 2002 22i Type R this past weekend after looking for some time for a family boat. Mechanically, the boat is sound other than potentially a new throttle cable in the near future. Locking into N and going to R are pretty fidgety, so not sure if that's a cable or not. Interior needs some work since a few seats have tears or are cracking, none of the gauges seem to work, and the tower needs some work, but I'm looking forward to working on it and making some fun memories with the family (5 and 3 year olds).

One thing this boat was doing when I ran it around the lake is it would beep at me ever couple minutes. I wasn't seeing any indicator lights coming on when it would beep, so I'm not sure what is causing this (oil level, fuel level, etc.)?

Also, I have a tower that was not bottled through on the port side. Do I need to go through the port storage section in the aft to remove the long port side panel? Will that get me to access where the bolts come through the fiberglass? See pic below.

Anyway, looking forward to being a part of this group and I appreciate the help in advance. May be asking a lot of questions on here as I start digging into this boat.

-Clay
    Attached Files

Yeah, sorry gumby... I didn't know a quick way to get back to the other post so I started a new thread. I believe the tube size is 1 7/8 OD, but not a huge deal.

I'm timid in taking about panels, so I was wondering do you know where the connections on the interior side panels are? Do I access them through the aft port storage to loosen so the panel can be removed?

Comment

Working...
    X