2006 Tige 22V depth finder issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 Tige 22V depth finder issue

When I start my boat the depth finder alarms and the depth finder display in the multi function speedometer flashes and is greyed out—all pixels flashing. This usually stops in a few minutes. When it is doing this none of the buttons work, in terms of changing the mode, etc. I am thinking the issue is the tri-function transducer. The part number for the old intelligent tri transducer is 20-435-01. I found the original paperwork and it is a DST800, so I found a DST800 on line and purchased it. When I got ready to swap the transducers, I found that the old unit has seven wires and the new unit 5 wires. On the old unit, the wires are blue, black, red, green, white and brown wound with a ground wire. On the new unit, blue, black, red, white and bare (ground). I guess my question is whether they are indeed compatible, and how to wire them. I don’t care about making the air/water temperature work. I had to replace the tach a couple of years back and lost the air/temp function. Any help or input is much appreciated!

Curios to here if and how you fixed this…?
    I have the same boat and depth finder beeps at 70 ft non stop. Can’t seem to find any guides on using these old analog instruments therefore the beeping drives me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also same issue…went to replace transducer with st 300 from Airmar only to find old one had the extra blue wire too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X