Huge Thumbs up for Glide Bearings and Seal Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge Thumbs up for Glide Bearings and Seal Systems

My 21V was getting water in the bilge and figured it was time to address the original shaft seal and rudder port from 2001. Saw a post mentioning good customer support from this company and reached out. Can't tell you how nice it was to have the owner pick up the phone and answer technical questions about installation. Tim and Tim Jr are unusually helpful and patient in answering questions. After replacing shaft seal Tim suggested rebuilding the rudder port since that is a likely culprit for leaking. Since I had no clue how to do that I shipped it to them for a blueprint rebuild and I can't get over the difference in steering after the rebuild. Not sure what else these guys do but it was the best experience I have had with a vendor in a long time. Happy to send pics of rudder port before and after upon request.

They are indeed awesome and make a great product. I'm at the point where if the shaft is out and you don't have dripless or older PSS carbon seal you are getting swapped to Glide no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by Jjnmeg View Post
      My 21V was getting water in the bilge and figured it was time to address the original shaft seal and rudder port from 2001. Saw a post mentioning good customer support from this company and reached out. Can't tell you how nice it was to have the owner pick up the phone and answer technical questions about installation. Tim and Tim Jr are unusually helpful and patient in answering questions. After replacing shaft seal Tim suggested rebuilding the rudder port since that is a likely culprit for leaking. Since I had no clue how to do that I shipped it to them for a blueprint rebuild and I can't get over the difference in steering after the rebuild. Not sure what else these guys do but it was the best experience I have had with a vendor in a long time. Happy to send pics of rudder port before and after upon request.
      I'd love to see that...may do this after the season is over.

Comment

https://www.tigeowners.com/forum/gen...er-box-rebuild
        Heres some info I put into a separate thread on the rudder box blueprint.

Comment

Thx for posting definitely doing that this off season.

Comment

Working...
          X