2017 Rzx2 prop shaft removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Rzx2 prop shaft removal

I have a tweaked prop shaft and want to verify I am removing it correctly. After Removal of the shaft nut. To remove shaft do I just purchase the pictured tool to push the shaft towards the rear of the boat and out of the coupler or am I missing any steps? Tried a gear type puller but no movement. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You are correct, purchase the tool but remove the coupler bolts and replace with longer ones to space the tool correctly agains the coupler flange. I would also suggest using spacers over the bolts between the coupler flange and the tool so the tool doesn't flex while the removal bolt is tightened. The IDEAL way to remove the shaft is with a slide hammer on the threads of the propeller nut but there's a bunch special tools required to do it that way. Look for the write up on shaft alignment in the How To section when you're ready for reinstallation.
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

OK thanks for the reply. Does the shaft just slide through the packing or is there any thing special I need to do there? Also do you know the length of that particular shaft or a part number? While I plan to have mine straightened, I was also going to order a new one as well to get back on the water quicker. Thanks again.

Comment

Once the prop shaft is out of the coupler, it will slide through the packing without issue. However, as you're removing it, use silicone spray on the shaft as it passes through the packing to help keep it from binding. It has a part number of which I don't know but the dealer will and you can have a shop fab up a new one with the dimensions of the existing as well.
        Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Thank you once again for all the

Comment

Help

Comment

Working...
            X