Help Please 08 Z1 G Force Fuel filter system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Please 08 Z1 G Force Fuel filter system

Can I replace the existing G force fuel filter canister system on my 2008 Z1 with the 350 vortec with an aftermarket spin on filter/separator and not have it impact the high or low pressure fuel pump operation?
    I know the factory system has a cooling component for the fuel as it passes through the filter. Will the pumps overheat without the factory system?
    Many Thanks
    Bob

Why would you like to replace it, having trouble removing the canister? The Racor cartridge filters effectively down to 10 microns and is a good design with lots of filter area/pleats. Unless the housing is destroyed, I'm not sure it would be worth trying to retro fit a spin on style filter and housing.

Comment

I’m not OP…but I have the G force filter on my 07 22ve and cannot get the canister to break loose. I’ve broken strap wrenches trying to get that thing out.

any tips?

Comment

Mine was quite tough as well..get a strap wrench (not rubber) and a long extension...have a second person hold it steady is how I broke mine loose...I have replaced filter afterward and was much easier...remember the two wires below because if they are not connected will give all sorts of issues,....ask me how I know

Comment

Yota, 1/2" breaker bar or long handled ratchet and a nylon strap wrench. A little lubricant on the housing o-ring will help with the next time!

Comment

Thanks I’ll give it another try.

Comment

Use anti-seize on the threads also.

Comment

Mine was a biotch to get unscrewed too. What I ended up doing was placing a block of wood between filter housing and exhaust riser to reduce the bracket flexing and using a rubber strap wrench( the biggest I had). I think the block of wood is the key, as I had been using a web strap wrench with an 18 inch breaker bar with no luck!

Comment

Working...
                X