Prop recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prop recommendation

I have a 2000 2100v limited with a 350 MAG MPI Tournament ski engine and black vdrive. My elevation is 1000 feet. We mostly surf, have 2k lbs of ballast.

I currently have an acme 515 that got dinged and looking to replace it. Wakemakers says to go with 3-blade acme 515 or 525 for surfing, but a acme’s site recommends a 4-blade acme 1273 or 1235.

Thoughts?

A 3-blade is likely the correct prop configuration, but you need to confirm the drive ratio of the black v-drive. I recently came across a black drive that was actually the 1.46:1.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks chpthril- I’ll see if I can find the gear ratio.

Comment

The Prop Shop in Newburgh NY will fix that prop...$202.00 and it'll look like new!. Just had mine serviced there....Aluminum props are around $150.00

Comment

Just checked, Ratio is 1:1. Rebuild is definitely an option once I have a good spare!

Comment

Perfect. So you do want to stay with a 3-blade.

So using your current 515 as a guide. If you go larger in pitch from your 515's 12", your WOT RPM will go down and hole shot will be a little slower. Going down in pitch, your WOT RPM will go up, but hole shot will be stronger.

By pitch:

425 = 13"
            515 = 12"
            525 and 653 = 11.5"
            911 = 10.5"
            2083 = 9"
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Makes sense. Thank you. Will probably try a 525 for a little more while shot and see how much I’m missing at wot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You may lose a little on the top end, but I had a friend with 2000 21i. We put a 653 on his and he could still ski the course.

Comment

Didn’t test at wot, but lost 1 mph at 4,000. That said, hole shot is much stronger.

Comment

Working...
                  X