Engine Cover Core?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Cover Core?

Can anyone tell me what material makes up the core panel of my 2006 22Ve engine cover? It’s time for new vinyl but I might switch to ultradeck instead (our ultradeck swim platform cover is awesome!). Thank you.

Tige confirmed the engine hatch/cover is made of a product called Daytona Board. I have removed the vinyl cover and the board looks to be a pressed wooden particle board. Mine is in excellent shape so I am going to reuse it but Tige suggested HDPE if replacing it.

Comment

thx for posting as I am looking at adding EVA Foam middle step to my 2006 20V

Comment

Previous owner put oak treads on mine before I removed them and replaced with HDPE then covered in SeaDeck, also made my own middle step and covered in leftover SeaDeck

IMG_8624.jpg

Comment

So in the end I did replace the old engine hatch with a new piece of 1” HDPE that was custom cut to match. The original piece was bowed out of shape. I had it covered in Ultra-Deck to match my swim platform. Here are a few pics of before and after. I’ll post a pic once installed.

Comment

Where’d you find the hdpe I have had the hardest time finding a large sheet

Comment

Find a plastics shop in your area. I’m lucky to have a cousin who works in a plastics shop in our little town (Salmon Arm, BC). I had to buy a 10 ft sheet for $400 but the cutting was no-charge and I’ve got the 6’ leftover piece for sale on FaceBook. It was cut on a CNC type of machine and is perfect. Here are some pics of it installed.

Comment

What’s the remaining size? Length/Width/thickness?

Comment

The leftover piece of HDPE is 48.5” wide x 72” long x 1” thick.

Comment

Working...
                  X