06 tige24ve won’t start after winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

06 tige24ve won’t start after winter

Hi everyone I have a 2006 tige24ve that I winterized last fall. All fresh fluids were put in and it was running great when parked at the end of September last year. We had some great weather this week so I pulled it out yesterday but now it won’t start.

it has the 5.7gm 340hp marine power engine and it turns over great but I don’t hear the fuel pumps priming.

ive checked the fuel pump relays and fuses and they’re all good. I then checked voltage at low pressure and high pressure pump and there was nothing.

i check voltage at the coil and the module beside it and they were both getting power.

my last step was putting a little fuel down the throttle body and it still wouldn’t fire or even hiccup.

Everything in the boat functions and works like it should, but it doesn’t seem to be getting any spark or power at the fuel pumps even though it was running great when parked.

What do you guys think?

thanks Greg

Kill Switch? Fuel pump voltage may pass through the oil pressure switch.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have three blue top optima batteries and all of them have a voltage of nearly 13 volts or more with battery tender hooked.

where is this oil pressure switch? I pulled a plug and tried looking for spark while turning over but saw nothing.

Comment

I’ll double check the voltage coming out of kill switch

Comment

I checked the two cables going into my battery cut off switch and they both have 12.8 volts on each side regardless of where the switch is positioned.

I checked the voltage at the oil pressure switch and it shows 4.66volts with the key on.

im stumped as to why the fuel pump and the ignition system isnt getting any spark. All the fuses and circuit breakers are good.

any ideas?

Comment

Its typical with ECM controlled EFI that if there is no ignition, then there is no fuel supplied. This is a safety feature.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Have you checked to make sure wires on bottom of fuel pump are secure. I had a similar issue and that was an easy fix that took me 2 hrs to figure out.

Comment

It ended up being the kill switch, the safety lanyard wasn’t applying enough pressure to it. Thanks again everyone

Comment

Working...
                X