Lenco Actuator Alternatives for RZX2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenco Actuator Alternatives for RZX2

I have a 2017 RZX2, which I purchased back in February. Now that boating season is starting to pick up we have gotten out on the water a few times and I noticed that it is almost impossible to form any sort of surf wave on the regular side. At first I assumed it was because I didn't have enough weight as I am still waiting on my PNP bags to arrive for the rear locker, but the goofy wave shapes up really nicely even without the PNP. After scouring the forums for solutions it seemed likely that one of the lenco actuators was going bad. Last night I went out and put the boat in dealer mode and started messing with the surf tabs. Sure enough, the tab on the starboard side barely moves, whereas the tab on the port side moves up and down without issue. I've talked to the dealer and they are working on getting me a replacement actuator, but I was wondering if there are any alternatives that can be used that may be more durable. It seems like the Lenco actuators going bad is a pretty common problem, and if so it seems like there should be a better alternative.

Lenco had issues around 17-18 and actuators were being replaced again and again. Since then they seemed to have fixed the problem and people are going much longer on the replacements.

I don’t believe you can easily switch to another brand or model, mostly because the computer will not control them properly.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
      Lenco had issues around 17-18 and actuators were being replaced again and again. Since then they seemed to have fixed the problem and people are going much longer on the replacements.

I don’t believe you can easily switch to another brand or model, mostly because the computer will not control them properly.
      that makes sense, I was mostly just curious. Is switching those actuators out very difficult? I spoke to the dealer and they’ll send me the actuator, but they don’t have any service openings until after June

Comment

Actuator is easy to replace...relatively...as long as the new Lenco has Gold/brass colored sticker on it and not a silver one then you will be good.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
          Actuator is easy to replace...relatively...as long as the new Lenco has Gold/brass colored sticker on it and not a silver one then you will be good.
          Just making sure I have this right, the gold ones are the updated ones that are supposed to have less problems and the silver ones are the old ones that were prone to issues, correct?

Comment

Correct. Gold sticker good. Silver sticker may or may not be bad....just depends on a few things

Comment

Working...
            X