Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping for a 2100V / 21V

Hey guys,

I recently moved to Canyon Lake, CA. Since I have a dock right in my yard I have to get a boat! After doing some research I think a 2100V / 21V will fit our needs (wakeboarding, wake foiling, skiing, surfing, hanging out) and budget.

What do you guys think of the boat in link? Has some hull wear from beaching, some interior issues and may need a new prop. Hopefully those things give me some bargaining power.

https://www.boathouseofanaheim.com/P...93481?ref=list

Welcome to the site! We are literally right down the road from you in Murrieta.

Gumby, that was #998... I have been counting.

Comment

Looks pretty thrashed. Interior just about toast. Prop is toast. Platform nearly toast. Looks regularly beached. Tower is Chinese. Lord only knows what the motor has going against it. $16k and get ready to spend $10k more. I base that off the 21v my buddy bought for $16k that he put a new motor in. It’s a sweet ride now but, it took $10 to get it there.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Oh ya, his interior was in really good shape at time of purchase.

Comment

As far as your thinking on a finding 21v to fit your needs, you’re dead on. I think they are damn near the best budget boat around. It’s exactly what you’re looking for. The one in the add looks fairly beat up though. Most of them are going to need some love but 800hrs should look better than that thing if it was owned and maintained by somebody who loved it.

Stay patient and vigilant and your boat will find you.

Comment

I believe Canyon Lake has a length limit as well so the options are limited.
            Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Thanks for all of the advice everyone. The pics are low res, but it definitely looks a little worn. I called the shop that is selling it today. When I mentioned the hull wear and the dinged up prop the sales guy says, “you must be looking at a different boat”. Rubbed me the wrong way right off the start.

I didn’t know that was a Chinese tower, I was thinking it looked nicer than the stock tower on the 21Vs. I still have a lot to learn!

With the boat in Anaheim at a dealer I doubt there is any chance they would agree to test drive, no lakes near by. I’d really prefer to deal with an owner directly.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
                I believe Canyon Lake has a length limit as well so the options are limited.
                Correct. The limit is 21'6".

Comment

Originally posted by moto657 View Post
                  Thanks for all of the advice everyone. The pics are low res, but it definitely looks a little worn. I called the shop that is selling it today. When I mentioned the hull wear and the dinged up prop the sales guy says, “you must be looking at a different boat”. Rubbed me the wrong way right off the start.

I didn’t know that was a Chinese tower, I was thinking it looked nicer than the stock tower on the 21Vs. I still have a lot to learn!

With the boat in Anaheim at a dealer I doubt there is any chance they would agree to test drive, no lakes near by. I’d really prefer to deal with an owner directly.
                  That tower is actually better than the factory tower of the day. It’s a universal tower from...I don’t know, Ariel maybe? They are decent for what they are but generally build from very thin stainless. Far better than the factory tower of death at least.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I've opened up my search radius. I'd much prefer to buy from the actual owner and not a consignment boat from a dealer.

Comment

Working...
                    X