2006 22ve Depth gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 22ve Depth gauge

My boat has been suffering the infamous limp mode problem. Shop diagnosed the speedo and RPM gauges needed to be replaced they had gone. They replaced with Faria gauges but when they did that I lost my depth readout. Wish I had known those features were going to be lost and didn't realize it until after the fact and still haven't solved the limp mode problem but with pages from this forum I hope to have have given them enough clues to solve the issue. My questions are:
    1. SInce the 2006 gauges are no longer available anybody know where I might find something with all the original features. The Faria gauges they installed did not have the old features of depth, water temp etc.
    2. If no direct replacement, anybody have any suggestions for aftermarket depth gauge that won't junk up my dash. Lake I am on you really need depth readings after the floods two years ago basically reset the lake bottoms.

Thanks for the help.

Im guessing the shop tossed your old gauges? Ive never heard of the gauges being the cause of a limp mode. Other then the means of displaying some engine data, like temp and oil pressure, I do not recall the gauges having any means to cause or trigger the limp mode. Out of curiosity, what code is being set?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Commander gauges. From what I recall the throttle issue (limp mode) was a bad connection on the TAC module and the gauges were no longer working properly. Would have to look this case back up.

My suggestion would be to contact Faria and ask them "what depth gauge to use to replace a Tige Commander Gauge".
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

I am with Mike. Can't see why the gages were the issue. Especially since the problem still remains. I would contact the shop again.
        Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

I have the same boat, new to me Spring of last year. I also had the infamous limp mode problem, reached out to Marine Power and they got back right away. definitely a throttle calibration issue and or Ground issue from the TAC. It was recommended that I check the calibration first and mine was out slightly. dialed it back in and now have to wait until I can get back in the water to test. I have 3 PDF attachments from Marine Power with great instructions' on how to complete, unfortunately I cant seem to upload, If you can send me you email address I can send them over to you. I feel confident that that is your issues and Nothing to do with gauges from all that I have read

Comment

The shop I am using came into Tige's more recently so they had no experience with the Limp thing. I made the mistake of listening to them and you are correct they misdiagnosed and the gauges are gone. I will reach out to Faria and see if they have a solution. I realize the gauges weren't the problem, but now I am left trying to make some lemonade. They need a little help being creative unfortunately. Good for engine service and gelcoat work but they need a push on the electrical stuff. I did take them the printouts from the forum about this issue and how to fix. Hope that gets them on the right road. This thing is so hard to replicate it make it hard to show them. When I was taking the boat over it happened twice near my house. I spent 20 minutes by the marina trying to replicate and it ran smooth as silk.

Comment

I did get in touch with Faria and they do not have a replacement for the commander gauges and recommend adding a separate depth sounder that also has the water and air temp function and a tachometer with the hour meter. To add the depth sounder I would either have to add the gauge through a new hole or replace and existing gauge. The other gauges on the 2006ve are fuel, taps, oil pressure, engine temp and volt meter. Seems like the voltage gauge could be a candidate. I look at it but I would rather have depth readings and save a prop (or worse) than the low probability that I need to see what the volts are (famous last words).

Any thoughts on this option on giving up the Volt meter for a depth sounder.

Comment

IIR, the 06 has an ACC socket on the helm. Replace it with a USB charge port with digital volt gauge is a thought.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Great thought. Didn't know that existed. Looks like a good solution after looking it up.

Comment

on the thought of his buddy zhuge qing, zhang chulan and feng baobao came to resolve the case with the help of "anywhere" business enterprise. how does zhang chulan display his competencies to assist the king trap the black hand backstage? what wonderful overall performance will zhuge qing, wang ye and others have? who're the people who covet the "8 wonders"? "under one guy-becoming a member of the world" may be introducedsoon!
                    voip phone

Comment

Working...
                    X