GSA 20V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSA 20V

I’ve been reading and researching for the last two years on purchasing a the GSA. Does anyone know of anyone with a 20V or older Tige that has done the install? I’ve read about 22V and 24V was hoping someone might have done it with a 20V. It does better w/o front ballast which would save precious space I need on a 20V. Thanks for any advice.

Not sure on GSA but I was thinking of Fabing wave gates for my V this winter.

Comment

Ive been reading thru forums of different homemade gates as well to see if any of them I am capable of making and worth the time.

Comment

I demoed the mega surf edge on my 02 20V and the wave was amazing. Troy was surprised how well my boat performed.

Comment

Here ya go!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Grebva3 View Post
            Ive been reading thru forums of different homemade gates as well to see if any of them I am capable of making and worth the time.
            I made one on a whim to see what I thought and if it was worth going professional made. It worked shockingly well on my 22ve. A 1/2 inch hdpe cutting board and a glass puller on Amazon plus 5 bucks worth of hardware at Homedepot. I’m into this for less then 30 bucks and 30 minutes of time probably.

Some thoughts: I still haven’t got it easy to latch the front suction cup. Also, it looks like a home made contraption. That being said, it makes a huge difference on the surf side wave

My outcome is I don’t surf a lot so this is probably “good enough” for now, but if I was taking it on and off 5 or 6 times a day, and had friends on the boat and want to look a bit more put together, I’d go buy one. But for now it gets the job done and it proves a wake shaper is worth the money and effort, even for a (at best) casual surfer like me.

(my shop bench is a mess. I know. ). The wave picture is not the best (it definitely cleaned up a bit more) and this is only stock balast, so not as heavy as needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X