Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13' RZR Prop Shaft Seal Help

Hello all,

Been a minute since I've been on here but still thoroughly enjoying the RZR year after year. I would say where approaching "we've got our money's worth".

I've been able to handle all the maintenance but a prop shaft seal is something new to me, she's starting to leak pretty bad. Anyone know the part number or an equivalent? Anyone also know where I may be able to find some instructions? Hoping the v drive does not have to come out. Pic below. PCM343 with the PCM power plus 1.48 v drive. Thank you!!

IMG_20200812_192524.jpg
    Mike

You will have to get the shaft out of the coupler to replace. Tige and most other brands have started using Glide seals.

https://www.glidebearings.com/produc...ystem-gmss-kit

^^ you can order direct or get one via a Tige dealer that sells parts. 1 1/8" shaft.

Comment

We have installation instructions on our website for when you start the project. Let me know if I can assist further!

- Tim II
      tcreighton@glidebearings.com

Comment

Sounds like my setup is universal which is good news. I will order the Glide Seal now. Is there a special tool or process that helps remove the shaft from the coupler? Looks like 4 bolts and a lock but.

Can someone rough in the other major steps or point me to a tutorial or something? Still don't know if the v-drive has to come out? I assume prop off, but not the rudder?

Mike

Comment

I have a ‘14 RZR, which has over 700 hrs that I’ve put on. I’ve gotten my money’s worth also. Last April I had to pull the V-drive because of a stupid mistake I made. Part of that was pulling the prop shaft, but mine is an Indmar but probably very similar. It is time to change the seals on mine also. I had drop the rudder, not difficult but tough to get two arms down there with tools. Once loosened from hardware, it will drop out, have a hydraulic jack to catch it so it can be lowered. I had a single nut retaining the shaft into the v-drive coupler. Mine was easy to remove. I tapped the prop a few times with a dead blow mallet and the shaft slid out. Simple. Reinstalling will require checking the shaft/v-drive clearance. Plenty of online instruction on that topic. Keep me informed how it goes. Like I said, I’m doing it this fall.

Comment

Working...
          X