Help.. Looking at getting a 2000 v23 limited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help.. Looking at getting a 2000 v23 limited

This will be my first boat. We have two jet skies and are looking for a boat. My kids really want to wake surf and im trying to find out if this would be a good boat to get.

​​​https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...0364954667669/

I read some where the that this boat has wood stringers and that is not good but i have no idea what that is.

Any help would be great! Thanks.

23v is an awesome surf boat.
    Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Thank you so much for the answers. Anything I should look for before buying the boat? Just want to make sure I'm not buying a problem if at all possible. Once I get it I'd like to add a wake tower perfect pass and some ballast

Comment

I have a 2001 and it does surf well when ballasted. That boat looks very good. Look closely at where the compartment hinges attach to the lid, my fiberglass is cracking causing them to be sloppy. I have perfect pass with a paddle wheel. It works great for wake/knee boarding, but doesn't control well at slow speeds for surfing. When surfing small changes in rpm works very well. Spend money on a tower and then ballast IMO.

Comment

That's a good looking boat, but since there is no tower, I'm guessing the current owner never surfed with it, so you'll be starting from scratch. Tower will probably run you at least $1500, ballast bags 1 for each rear locker and one for bow plus pump would be another $800 probably, and I would suggest a suction cup surf device like Nauticurl or Mission Delta $250 - $400. Boat will surf good, just some costs to keep in mind when purchasing. We love our 24V.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X