03 20v riders edition prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

03 20v riders edition prop

I just bought the ACME 1617 for my 20v, had to raise the bunks to get it to clear... The prop that came with the boat I dont think was the original as all it says on it is MALIBU, and it had been bent then looks like bent back with pliers or something. As far as clearance goes i have like exactly an Inch from prop to boat.

I went with that prop because it was listed on wakemakers as a prop that fits my boat. 03, 20v with walter vdrive...and because it said it would give me more clearance... as far as I know my trailer is stock... 03 dorsey. This 1617 was hitting the guard under the prop, not just scraping it, but like not possible to install.

Has anyone else had an issue like this?

I know its been awhile, but what was the oem size?
    Oh the other reason I went with the 1617 is someone on another forum called it the diesel prop... saying it pulls well on their bigger boat... sounded like fun on a 20v, right?
    thanks

Its all the way on, no way would I leave the water with the boat not on... bunks are close to needing replacement, but that is carpet( and new pt wood). I shimmed up the back bunks using 1/8 aluminum strips(flatbar) cut down. 3 perside, so close to 3/8” raised did the trick. This is a temp fix till I re do the bunks and see whats out there for spacers. Im thinking unistrut painted or something.

Comment

Hard to use the word "stock" with trailers, Tige did not built trailers, and many dealer had their own arrangements for trailers, direct with the trailer manufacturer. So from one dealer to the next, a Tige boat could be packaged for a customer with different trailers.

Now, before i solve the trailer clearance issue, id want to make sure i did in fact get a prop with the proper number of blades for an 03 V-drive. Is your v-drive blue or black.
      Last edited by chpthril; 08-10-2020, 02:06 PM.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Here's my 23V with the same size prop on the trailer.
        There's a ton of clearance.
        I would not feel comfortable putting the boat on the trailer with low prop clearance IMO
        That's an expensive oops if it makes contact. 23V- (218).jpg

Comment

Originally posted by SONIC View Post
          Here's my 23V with the same size prop on the trailer.
          There's a ton of clearance.
          I would not feel comfortable putting the boat on the trailer with low prop clearance IMO
          That's an expensive oops if it makes contact. 23V- (218).jpg
          So you made your own FAE?! Sick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by h2osk8er00 View Post

So you made your own FAE?! Sick!

Amongst other things yep

Comment

Originally posted by SONIC View Post

Amongst other things yep
              Anything I need?

Comment

I have the same prop on my 2003 22v. I only have maybe 1/2" of clearence between prop and trailer. That prop does work very well for a heavily ballasted boat. I run close to 3000lb in my boat and have the smaller MPI 350. 1617 is a stump puller, lots of power out of the hole.

Comment

Hey thanks. Yes I made it work. I raised the bunks just a bit, that 1617 feels like a new engine!!! With no weight it literally launches out of the water and on plane. I am left thinking the boat could pull my truck with this thing. We had 4 adults, 5 kids on, and it pulled awesome.

As for care of the new prop... if I must come to shore, I kill the engine, 15-20 feet out, and use a drill prop ( kinda like a trolling motor chucked up to my dewalt) the rest of the way- being where the back is still floating freely.

thanks again for the replies.

Comment

Working...
                  X