2001 21V Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 21V Help

Tige was not on my radar for a boat purchase but this 21V looks interesting. I am looking for a boat that does nothing great and everything good - boarding, surfing, skiing, tubing. Any insight appreciated:

2001 Tige 21v
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...91108425429158

Looks like a decent boat. The fact that add lists dripless seal and impeller done means its been getting some maintenance and some of the usual headaches are addressed. Its listed as Garmin cruise but the gauge sure looks like Perfect Pass. If its the Stargazer version of Perfect Pass that is also a great mod/update to the boat.

A lot of folks dislike that tower, including me, but as long as you keep it tight it does the trick(its made it 19 years). Would be a great little boat. Kind of surprised to see it listed at 23k in this market. Id say its worth snapping up. Would ask when the last time its had cap, rotor, and plugs changed. If the answer is ???? Then plan on that, but a cheap DIY project.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I think I am going to see what the market looks like in a month or so.

Comment

https://www.theboatlocker.com/invent...7076-10641026i

Comment

Have the same boat. I couldn’t see the ad that in you listed but that’s exactly about how much I paid for mine back in 2009. Still have it today and would sell it for $25K now with all the upgrades. Everything adds up. Probably have 10-15k in upgrades to include water toys. Speakers, lights, prop, vinyl replacement, cover, automated ballast, maintenance, etc. all add up really quick. It’s such a great surf boat. Let us know if you pick it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have owned a 2001 21V since new, and love it. Does most things well (except not a huge surf wake, since we haven't added ballast and don't want to). Welds were breaking on our original tower, but we added a modern Sanger tower which fit great (the dealer that did it was both a Tige and Sanger dealer). No issues ever with the engine in 1800+ hours of use. Extreme trailer is showing it's age and starting to rust around the fenders.

Comment

^^^ I’d love to see that. Where’s the pics?
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

FB_IMG_1600170916233.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X