Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCM Vdrive Oil nightmare

Hi all,

So when taking a look at me "maintenance free" vdrive noticed the oil was low (separate issuenill work) went to get some oils and discovered it has to be PCM R190250. Were going on a week boating trip wednesday. Never dreamed the the OIL would be sold only by one vender online, so no wat to get it....any ideas? Close it up and hope the best? Replace with NonDetergent ATF 50 for a week? Recommendations? Never would have thought I wouldn't be able to buy oil for my boat...

Just got off the phone with PCM engines. They said you have to use the PCM oil, and the had no idea it was unavailable. The suggested calling dealers to see if they have any lying around....lol. Any oil experts?

Comment

I call BS. Its not like they are formulating it in house and highly doubt they have a company doing a proper one off blend. They recommend a full synthetic 50 trans fluid in older literature....will try to find it in my paperwork. I buy it in bulk from a Chevron/Delo dealer in town. Indmar calls for the same spec oil on their Vdrive so I use it in both. Havent had an issue yet.

You likely won't find it in quarts anywhere though.

Comment

I cross-referenced the Mobil SHC 50 and went with Delo Syn Trans HD SAE 50
        Attached Files

Comment

I used this:

Comment

Knowing a few specs, and I bet you can find the proper oil under a handful of labels.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
            X