Wont go into reverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wont go into reverse

2012 RZR pcm 343 will not shift into reverse. Was out for a few hours everything is fine return to the dock and no reverse. Engine just revs in reverse. Goes into forward gear fine.

I have checked all of the linkage and fluids are fine. Any thoughts? How much $ am I looking at?

I would disconnect the cable and manually try to shift it at the trans with the floor lifted.

Comment

Ok I will try that. When I had the floor lifted and was looking it appeared to shift. If it shifts in to reverse manually what next? Replace the cable?

Comment

Yes or possible adjustment. If there's loose linkages at the throttle end it could not be pushing the shift lever far enough to let fluid thru the valve. Its a quick easy check before jumping to a worst case scenario.

Comment

Had the exact same thing happen to my 09 rz2 last weekend with the IRM40-1S the linkage appeared fine I'm going to try to disconnect it and manually move it. Although it makes a squealing noise in reverse and a slight noise as soon as forward clutches are applied.

Comment

Mine works fine in forward and revs and revs in reverse. No weird noise at all.

Comment

Originally posted by admorrow View Post
              Had the exact same thing happen to my 09 rz2 last weekend with the IRM40-1S the linkage appeared fine I'm going to try to disconnect it and manually move it. Although it makes a squealing noise in reverse and a slight noise as soon as forward clutches are applied.
              Could be just squealing on a dry cutlass bearing. Spray wd40 in it on the strut and see if it dampens the squeal or not.
              Oh Yeah!

Comment

Hello all! My 2003 24V is doing the same thing. Did you ever figure out the issue?

Comment

Need to see if this is a mechanical issue with the lever or cable, or a hydraulic issue within the trans.

Release the cable from the trans, then move the trans lever manually is step one. If it goes into reverse, then it looks like a cable or lever issue
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Update - Found out today transmission is toast. Was hoping it was the pump but no luck. Gonna be $2600 with parts & labor. Not really sure if that os good price or not. It is 2012 pcm 343

Comment

Working...
                    X