2013 Z1 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 Z1 questions

Just bought a 2013 Z1 with only 130 hrs on it. Runs great but have a couple concerns. Make winding noise only between certain RPM and the red triangle light came on but goes away when I start the boat. And lastly steering is stiff at first but seems to loosen as we drive it. Do these have diagnostic ports? Where is the port and can any code reader be used? Oil and transmission fluid look good any other fluid to check? Where? Where is the grease zert for drive shaft?

I’m not sure what engine you have in your boat but I have a 13 Z1 with the 5.7L. It will make what I would call a whistling sound which is normal.

My warning light comes on too when I turn the key and goes off after the boat starts. Similar to a car when it displays all the warning lights just after you rotate the key or press the start button. Not sure if this is what you are referring to.

As far as fluids you I would check the V Drive fluid. This fluid is changed less frequently than the oil and transmission fluid but it would be good to check anyways.

Comment

Also have a 13 z1.
      You will need to change out the steering cable. Easy job.

Comment

Yes, there is an ECM diagnostic port, but boats do not use the OBD II protocol. You need a marine specific cable and software.

No grease fitting for prop shaft, but there is one on the rudder box

I cant remember on a 2013, but it may have a separate v-drive and transmission fluid reservoir. Engine coolant if its closed-cooling.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks to all that replied that has been a big help. I love this boat!!

Comment

Glad you’re liking the boat. We like ours a lot too. It’s our first Tige.

Comment

Working...
            X