Weighting a 2300 V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weighting a 2300 V?

Anyone come up with a good way of weighting a 2300V? I was thinking two big vdrive sacs and a sac in the walkthrough portion of the bow. I know that when I had 12 people in the boat the wake was unbelievable so I'm looking to improve the wake when it's just me and the missus.

wolfpack, for my 23V I put a 250 on each side of the engine and 300 or 350 up front in the walkway. I don't know the exact weight of the 300 pound sac because it is some weird looking type of sac with no name or lettering.

The wake gets really vert-like and is nice, just make sure your speed is above 21 mph because it tends to wash out if you are going any slower. That is also with just my wife driving an no one else in the boat.. I am anxious to experiment more on what produces the best shape.

Comment

Yeah, I have two 350# sacs that I'm going to put in the back and a 600# sac that I'll put in the bow walkway. (probably will only be able to get 450# in it since it's in the walkway. I'll let you know what the wake looks like. Before I would put the 600# sac

Comment

We currently ride with a 600 lb bag on either side of the engine, a 600 lb bag in the bow walk through. This configuration at taps=7 is HUGE but wide...great for doing big tricks out into the flats (speed >21) or surfing at 8-10mph. This configuration at taps=4-5 is a sweet ramp with a much skinnier wake and can accomodate speeds 18 and above. The trick is finding not only the size wake you want but also using the taps to shape the width of the wake as well. The taps adjusts both the width and steepness of the wake so play with it in your current configuration and you will be surprised at the results. Also when new riders are learning to go wake to wake, putting more weight and lowering the taps to 1-3 will keep the wake steep enough but skinny up the wake so they can clear it easier and build confidence. Just make sure to check that your engine has the power for all of the weight. You don't want to blow an engine.

Comment

Working...
        X