Slalom behind a 24ve??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slalom behind a 24ve??

Hi there. I was interested in buying a 2006 24ve. I slalom alot more than wakeboard but my wife perfers the layout of this boat rather than a direct drive (engine in the middle). Can you make the wake small enough to ski behind or is it always a huge wake?
    Thanks.

We have real nice wake w TAPS at 0 although we have 22Ve which is a little lighter but I imagine not too much different. My wife loves it and she's the big slalom skier. You will see more input.

Comment

At 35 mph, I think I remember the wake bating about 9 inches in height. Don't know how firm or soft it would be but my guess would be that you could ski behind it.

Comment

I have the 09 22Ve and it is great for wakeboarding but empty out all the ballast and set your TAPS 0-2 (just a preference deal i guess) and it shoots a great slalom wake.

My brother slaloms and he has gone on I/O's and My Tige and he LOVES!! this wake. I would say go for it, IMO this is the best and most versatile boat made.

Comment

I would say the 20V is going to give you the best wake, as the boat gets bigger the wake is goign to get bigger. The 20V has a very similar setup to the 24Ve.

Comment

I think it will depend on what you are coming from.

If you're currently skiing behind an I/O it will be better. If you are used to a Direct Drive, the wake will be worse.

What are you currently skiing behind?
            Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

I have a 24v my girlfreind skis...she doesnt mind it I set the taps at about 1 the boat seems to plane a little better also weight in the front helps ..like a v sack in the nose would work well but once you surf you wont ski as much

Comment

The first time my daughter went slaloming off of the 20V all she could say is were is the wake. She is just learning to be aggresive when going over the wake at 15 off at 29mph with no Speedset because it was in need of a flash to address the surging issue.

In the couple of days she was able to go and ski this year we could see taking much harder cuts through the 20V wake. If you don't need the party room the 20V is a great 20 footer. Compared to other inboards in the same size range I think plain and simple it out handles most others.

IMO all models can give you a recreational slalom wake at 15-20 off. If you are comparing against a single purpose ski boat the ski boat will have a much smoother wake transition. On some slalom boats you will feel like you are riding a rock when the waves are being throw helter skelter by other people boating.

Comment

Working...
                X