orange co boat show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

orange co boat show

Did anyone go to the boat show in Anaheim(April3-5)? How was it?

I went on Friday night about 5-8 and finished up at Disneyland with the family 8-midnight. My daughter was a little grumpy and didn't want to go. By the time the boat show was over she was all smiles and laughing. So, it was a success from that standpoint!

As you can imagine it was pretty small. All the inboard dealers were huddled into one big cluster. You could definitely see what customers were looking at what boat. At MasterCraft no one ever comes over to see if you need help or have any questions. I couldn't believe the wake plate on the MasteCraft either. I mean I knew they had one, but I had never seen one. I thought about all those years defending TAPS and now it's OK? Chris And Tom from TWS were holding down the sales floor. It is always a fun time talking with them! They had one 09 on the floor. I think it was an RZ2 or 4? The other models were 08's I guess. The new PCM looked pretty cool. The only dealer that had carpet on their floor was Malibu. I'm guessing renting the carpet is expensive and everybody else chose to cut that from the budget?

I love going to all the little booths with the gadgets and gear. I didn't buy anything, but I tried to bargain on a PFD my daughter liked. Didn't work. I was surprised to see the big giant yacht boats there. It was nice to sit down in one and rest up. My kids like the dream factor I guess?

I love the Eliminator and Hallet Hot Boats. I was surprised when I asked the salesman hoe much for a 28' and he said $80,000. I was like, "That's all"? He laughed. I'm not saying that's not a lot of $, because it is. When I bought my Tigé it was 30K and those boats were probably out of reach for around 70K? Now looking at the new wakeboard boats at 78K, It doesn't seem like that much. My son pointed out that not much, if anything, has changed on that boat in the 12 years we have owned our Tigé. Thus the little change in price over the years.
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
      I went on Friday night about 5-8 and finished up at Disneyland with the family 8-midnight. My daughter was a little grumpy and didn't want to go. By the time the boat show was over she was all smiles and laughing. So, it was a success from that standpoint!

As you can imagine it was pretty small. All the inboard dealers were huddled into one big cluster. You could definitely see what customers were looking at what boat. At MasterCraft no one ever comes over to see if you need help or have any questions. I couldn't believe the wake plate on the MasteCraft either. I mean I knew they had one, but I had never seen one. I thought about all those years defending TAPS and now it's OK? Chris And Tom from TWS were holding down the sales floor. It is always a fun time talking with them! They had one 09 on the floor. I think it was an RZ2 or 4? The other models were 08's I guess. The new PCM looked pretty cool. The only dealer that had carpet on their floor was Malibu. I'm guessing renting the carpet is expensive and everybody else chose to cut that from the budget?

I love going to all the little booths with the gadgets and gear. I didn't buy anything, but I tried to bargain on a PFD my daughter liked. Didn't work. I was surprised to see the big giant yacht boats there. It was nice to sit down in one and rest up. My kids like the dream factor I guess?

I love the Eliminator and Hallet Hot Boats. I was surprised when I asked the salesman hoe much for a 28' and he said $80,000. I was like, "That's all"? He laughed. I'm not saying that's not a lot of $, because it is. When I bought my Tigé it was 30K and those boats were probably out of reach for around 70K? Now looking at the new wakeboard boats at 78K, It doesn't seem like that much. My son pointed out that not much, if anything, has changed on that boat in the 12 years we have owned our Tigé. Thus the little change in price over the years.

I miss my 1997 2150 fully paid off boat!
      If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment

It was small & Dead...I helped work the Wakesports booth on Saturday. We slung a fair amount of product.

How was that 372K eliminator...WTF???

So lame...lets get drunk, go fast, maybe put on a rash guard and go do some pushups at the sand bar.

LAME LAME LAME!!!
        www.integrity-wake.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffe View Post
          It was small & Dead...I helped work the Wakesports booth on Saturday. We slung a fair amount of product.

How was that 372K eliminator...WTF???

So lame...lets get drunk, go fast, maybe put on a rash guard and go do some pushups at the sand bar.

LAME LAME LAME!!!
          ha ha ha ha ha ha
          Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

This rig was kind of cool, but looked not to scale with the little bed.
            Attached Files
            www.integrity-wake.com

Comment

that truck is bad a$$

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
                X