2004 Tige' Watersports Reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2004 Tige' Watersports Reunion

I went to my 10th reunion with Tige Watersports this weekend and saw tons of great things happening. Over 950 people registered for the dinner/party, Over 160 boats pre-registered and tons of smiles this time. I ut together a list of the things I liked the best from this weekend:

In no particular order -

1) Tige Watersports (TW) brought 3 truckloads of products to be raffled or given away. This included Tino Santori's autographed wakeboard, several Wake surfers, Wake skates, Tubes, anchors and more. An awesome amount of goods given away just for being customers!

2) TW's crew worked really hard all weekend. I saw Tige MD helping people with boats that had issues, Daniel driving boats for the Sky Ski Exhibition, Travis and the Pro-shop guys putting up demo tents, Sales registering and greeting guests. The hardest job was Chris Ainsworth (TW's principal owner) shaking everyone's hands while telling Charlie Pigeon how the '06's should look.

3) Liquid Force and Hyperlite came out and let anyone demo ride all of their new boards. This was awesome, and let us see some boards not even in stores. Look out for the new LF team and Hyperlite TFD.

4) Flyin' Brian Vessely put on an incredible show. Who knew a Sky Ski could go up 3 stories in the air and throw double fronts, Helis and other gravity defying feats. He was so good, even the Parker water police stopped to watch for a while.

5) Another lucky customer won a new '05 boat. I think this is the 13th boat Chris has given away! Does any other boat dealership do this so well?

6) The party where everything was raffled off was the most upbeat ever. 900+ people in a room, and a great DJ put everyone in a great mood. There were people dancing on chairs and tables, and more owners than ever were killing the bar. The resort manager told me on Sunday the bar income for that party was the largest ever for any group at their resort. This included the concerts they have had there.

7) Travis and Derek from the pro shop showed up at 7:00 the next morning to take a few of us out for a quick lesson. They deserve extra thanks for showing up without ever going to bed the night before. Derek can throw some sick moves! He landed everything including S bends, Raleys, KGBs and tantrums. Best of all, he did it in water that was more like a washing machine than a lake! Thanks guys!

8) 900 T shirts with Tige Watersports logos were every where. If you weren't in town from the reunion, you felt left out.

9) Phat Budde showed up with an unbelievable prototype tower. They usually show up with some new trick accessories or a new subtle design change. This was awesome - Billet aluminum struts and curving cross members. I lost my photos, but when you see it, ask Tige' to make it an option next year instead of the new towers they are pushing now. This was rock solid with 3" aluminum tubing, and clean lines that looked great.

10) Some of the boats out there had some cool things -
    * Amazing Loud sound systems you could hear while riding from 500' away
    * A Disco Ball, complete with Anchor light effects
    * Custom built Teak Transom savers
    * Custom double Biminis (great in 104 degree heat!)

See the thread for photos!

Chris hands out more prizes
    Attached Files

Comment

A lucky new boat winner
      Attached Files

Comment

The Marina as everyone was leaving - down to only a few dozen boats
        Attached Files

Comment

More Marina
          Attached Files