Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternate, safer routes to Parker Arizona.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternate, safer routes to Parker Arizona.

I don't think anyone travels Rice Rd more than me.

I stop for accidents, and lend aid. Rice rd has more than it's fair share of accidents,, and I stop because I hope if I ever get creamed,, others stop to help us, and it's the right thing to do anyway.

Not a whole lot you can do to lend aid. Airway, bleeding, circulation,, keep the people comfortable for the several hours it may take help to arrive.

Yep, several hours.

I could write threads and threads of traffic accidents on Rice rd but I'll spare you. The truth is stranger than fiction,, and I've got some crazy stories about accidents we encountered in route to and from the river.

Alternate safer routes are Ehrenberg rd, about 15 minutes farther East on route 10.

It's flat and straight, far fewer drunks,, perhaps you won't even pass anyone at all along it. Rarely a traffic accident on it.
    It'll drop you off in Parker and you can proceed to your destination.

Also consider coming through Lake Havasu via route 40.

Far far few accidents on these 2 routes if safety on the road along Rice Rd has been in the back of you mind.
    It should be.

Don't be impatient and want to pass, especially in tow.

Enjoy the ride, even if the guy you're following is only doing 50 or 55. So what,, get there safely,, spot yourself another 30 minutes and be safe on your drive to the river.
    www.battlesangel.com

Is Rice Road the 177? I have only been there once and I think this is the road that we took. I was told there was another way that is real flat that goes through Blythe on the Arizona side and then the 95 which is bug infested. Actually I am heading out the door now so I will figure it out and see you all in Parker. Drive Safe..

Comment

Excellent question.
      If ya look at the Auto Club Map,, their is some confusion as to what stretch is what number hiway.

SOOOOO:

If you call in an accident, it's best to use the emergency call box phones along the road rather than a cell phone.
      The call box phone tells the CHP operator exactly where you are as opposed to numberous citizens calling in with their cellphones guessing where they are.

The CHP operators are callous & difficult enough,, get the location right.

I've been through it many times unfortunatly. Use the call box.

The road you refer to in AZ is Ehrenberg rd.
      www.battlesangel.com

Comment

good advice Ross, I've been telling all my friends for years to stay off Rice Rd.

Unfortunatly a friend was telling me that her sons girlfriend went head-on with some a--hole on rice rd a couple of weeks ago. She was in a 2 seat Benz that lost a battle to a truck and boat (truck and boat were doing the passing) she survived the accident with severe injuries. Get this, it took 2 hours before she could be cut from the wreck.

STAY OFF RICE RD.

Sorry you missed the regatta

Greg
        Greg Denton
        former service mgr. Tige Watersports July 95-July 05

Comment

yep........thats the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Tige M.D.
            good advice Ross, I've been telling all my friends for years to stay off Rice Rd.

Unfortunatly a friend was telling me that her sons girlfriend went head-on with some a--hole on rice rd a couple of weeks ago. She was in a 2 seat Benz that lost a battle to a truck and boat (truck and boat were doing the passing) she survived the accident with severe injuries. Get this, it took 2 hours before she could be cut from the wreck.

STAY OFF RICE RD.

Sorry you missed the regatta

Greg
            Thanks Greg,

We'll be sure to make it next year.
            Ross
            www.battlesangel.com

Comment

Working...
            X