Wake the Desert - San Angelo, TX July 17-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wake the Desert - San Angelo, TX July 17-21

Competitors from around the country are expected to compete in 2013's Wake the Desert on Lake Nasworthy in San Angelo Texas. This is the third stop of Tige's Endless Wave Tour. For info on the tour visit http://endlesswavetour.com

Pro Surf Clinics and Tige test drives begin on July 17-18, with competitions starting on Friday, July 19. For more information visit http://wakethedesert.com

Schedule of Wakesurf Events:

Friday, July 19
    Onsite Registration / Rider Check-In - 8am
    Amateur Divisions (Youth Girls, Youth Boys, Men's Amateur, Women's Amateur, and Masters) 9am to 1pm

Saturday, July 20
    Pro Divisions (Outlaw Men, Women's Open, Men's Pro Skim, Men's Pro Surf) 9am to 1pm

Sunday, July 21
    Pro Finals 9am to 1pm

Although I won't be able to attend, I highly recommend going and doing a clinic and then competing! It was the most fun I've had all summer. You will learn a LOT in a short amount of time and you will get to hang out with some great people.

DO IT!

Comment

One very good way to learn about wakesurfing is to surround yourself with great people that understand the sport and focus on fun at the events....... Its not all high tech or this dude is better then that dude....its about learning, having fun and making new friends.

Tim, Im so glad you came out bro...Hooked ya!
      Squid
      squidswake@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Allan Kendall View Post
        Its not all high tech or this dude is better then that dude....
        It really wasn't! The Pro's talked to each other about how they did this trick or did that one, it was a high five as they passed each other on the dock and a "Nice job" or "you killed it"! It's a great environment for the whole family!

Comment

Where does the wake surfing take place at Nasworthy? We took our Z3 there on our second trip after we bought it, & the deepest spot we found was near the dam (11 feet). I swore I'd never launch our boat into that lake again, but I'm extremely interested in attending.

Comment

Originally posted by 383ws6 View Post
            Where does the wake surfing take place at Nasworthy? We took our Z3 there on our second trip after we bought it, & the deepest spot we found was near the dam (11 feet). I swore I'd never launch our boat into that lake again, but I'm extremely interested in attending.
            LOL, yeah I felt that way too at first - worried me the whole time, but we have never had a problem with the depth and we go to Nasworthy for "quick trips".

I believe they had the event last year in front of the Spring Creek Marina - there in the canal.

Comment

Event will be at Middle Concho Park in the river. This is the part of the river between Middle Concho Park and Spring Creek Marina. Water depth at the event site is consistent 10ft. We surf Nasworthy all the time, in fact we keep our Z3 on Nasworthy. Never had a problem. There are some differences to consider in the shallow water, but never been a problem. Here is Chris Jr's MyWake run. This was done on Nasworthy in 10ft of water.

Comment

Working...
              X