Not exactly an "event", but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not exactly an "event", but...

...two Tiges at one dock is a start! And it was definitely an absolutely great time for the WABoating and Ewok crews.

Post up some more pics, it looks nice!

Comment

sounds like we need a washington TO get together

Comment

Looks like a great start!

Comment

It was a great day on the water. I threw in two, 150# launchpad sacs on top of my factory (250#) ballast and had all of WABoating's crew on the RZ2 and the surf wake was great. I'll throw up some pics tonight if I get a chance, tomorrow night for sure. Then we went out in the 24Ve without as many people but took the rub rail down to just above the waterline. It was obviously the biggest wake I've surfed and I was able to ride a pretty small skim board well on it. It had a very similar shape as the RZ but much taller and more push.

Next time we are out I'll try to get some pics of the 24Ve wake from my boat, we just didn't have a chance, had to get home to put my 2yo and 9mo to bed.
          2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
          2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

I thought Ewok's RZ2 wake was very nice. Three adults and one 9YO did great on it. Throw some big ballast back there and it will be incredible!

Yes, we should have taken more photos. Instead, we focused on having more fun. Research and documentation will have to wait for another day. That just means more time on the water, darn it all. {grin}

Comment

Bonus! My son just discovered that Google updated their satellite image of our lake house on the very day of our mini-reunion. Click here to check it out:

Satellite image of Tige Mini-Reunion

(I couldn't figure out a way to embed the link such that it would fetch and display it automatically, sorry.)

That's Ewok's Tige at the end of the dock, and our Tige in its AirDock with its bow pointing toward our jetskis. There's even a shadow being cast on the dock by what I believe is someone standing next to Ewok's boat.

Pretty cool!

Comment

That is amazing and cool, you can even see the blue color on the side of my boat. I can't wait to do it again in the spring when my ballast upgrade is complete.

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
                  ...two Tiges at one dock is a start!
                  Close enough.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

What are the odds of Google catching this - it is a sign from destiny that it is going to become great.

Comment

Holy cow! That is awesome!!!!

Comment

That's pretty cool.
                        WAB.We had to give up on our Airdock this past June. (too many issues). Glad to see yours is still going strong.

Comment

Originally posted by OldeBoy View Post
                          We had to give up on our Airdock this past June. (too many issues). Glad to see yours is still going strong.
                          Sorry to hear that. We continue to be very happy with all three of ours. We did have one issue this summer but it was entirely our fault; we were (and ARE! ) still learning to properly maneuver an inboard at slow speeds and dragged the tracking fins over the bags, slicing one of them open. I took the time to patch it properly and it was back in service for the rest of the summer with no issues whatsoever. (Frankly, if that had happened with a mechanical lift I suspect the damage to the lift would have been much more severe, and likely there would have been damage to the tracking fins too.)

Comment

i could have an event just on my lake... 7 tiges on a 500 acre lake? what?

Comment

That's an impressive number of Tiges on that small lake. I put my boat in the water in down town Coeur D'Alene and got lots of folks coming up to me asking about the boat. They thought it was a jet boat or a racing boat and were always asking me how fast it goes. They looked so disappointed when I told them 43, but it makes a great surf wake. When I mentioned surfing they looked at me like I had 3 eyes, it was fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X