Tulsa Boat Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tulsa Boat Show

Seeing that the boat show started yest, and today we are in blizzard conditions expecting to get 12-16 inches of snow and -degree weather for the next 4-5 days, most in Green country is not going to make it there.

Big disappointment this year. Pier 51 marina who took over HighLift Marina GrandLake last year and became a Tige dealership, recently no longer sells Tige. So, there were no Tiges at the boat show. Very disappointing.

Not to terribly surprising, seeing that Lake Keystone is not a huge wakeboarding lake, they are focusing more on pontoon boats. BTW, out of the 5 lakes around Tulsa, if you don't judge the clarity of water, we have found without exception that Keystone has the best wakeboarding water around, unless you can get to the other lakes during the week and not the week end.

Overall boat selection is very heavy on pontoon boats and bass boats.

Nautique was there with about 8 boats, Malibu had around 5 boats, both had nothing special, but the shining star of the show was at the Mastercraft display. They had about 7 boats, including the 3rd year running 2008 black/red X80, that started out at 145k, then last year moved to the 110k range and now is 97k. But the show stopper was the 2011 X45 and to a slight lesser degree the X25, the Xstar was ok, but being so close to the X45 didnt help it very much. The vinyl is the nicest looking interior that I have ever seen, it was like a carbon fiber weave, pearl white with grey and some orange accents, sorry did not have a camera with me this time. The whole boat is very well laid out, extremely similar to the RZ4, and the 25 to the RZ2, that is why I probably like it so much. I really wish they had Tige there. There boats had the roll tabs and the "Taps" ie their attitude adjustment plate. Hopefully the MC guys will quit complaining that Tige stole the pickle fork design. It would be interesting in seeing arial shot of the X45 compared to the RZ4

However, I would definitely steer clear of the electric raising tower, it did look better in person than in photos, but on the X45, they had it set to go up and down every 2 minutes or so, I walked by about 2 hours after it open and there was "oil" coming out of the top of the actuator leaking around the seal dripping on the vinyl. I told the workers and they quickly cleaned it up and turned it off. The less moving parts, the less headaches as far as I am concern.

Had a larger selection of RV this year. They had less yachts and no sail boats this year. It seemed like the whole inventory shifted to less expensive boats this year.

Except for MC, the X45 was 95k, the Xstar was 93K and the X25 was 91K, which is really surprising how close they all cost and there is a fair amount of difference between the 3.

Does anyone have a close up of the 2011 RZ2/4 vinyl.
    The worst day of boating is still the better than the best day of work......, unless you bend your prop.

RZ2 interior

Here are a few photos of the RZ2 interior.The Platinum Series uses different accent vinyl panels.Someone else can post photos of the Platinum interior.
    Attached Files

Comment

interior

This interior on this 17' Hornet is made by PPI out of FL.It looks similar to Mastercraft's trim accent.PPI makes interior vinyl for Nortech and other high end boats.
      Attached Files

Comment

I agree, it the weave and pearl color really pops in real life, time will tell how it will wear, I know the snake skin vinyl did not fair so well
        The worst day of boating is still the better than the best day of work......, unless you bend your prop.

Comment

I was not impressed feeling of the Supra rough trim interior, it looked fine from far off but cheapy up close to me.

Comment

Working...
          X