2011 Minneapolis Boat Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 Minneapolis Boat Show

The Minneapolis Boat Show runs this January 20-23!!! Unlike years past Tige' WILL BE AT THE SHOW!!! The Mpls show should have most of the major inboard lines including MasterCraft, Correct Craft, Supra, Malibu, Moomba, Axis and Centurion.
    www.waterskis.com

show

Who is the new Tige dealer in MN?

Comment

Family Marine in Willmar is the new dealer here. http://www.familymarineboats.com/main/ I don't know much about them, haven't ever been to Willmar but I guess I'll meet them at the show.
      www.waterskis.com

Comment

Boy, that last dealer (RepoDepot) only lasted a season.

I've been a MPLS boat show regular for a dozen years. We actually skipped the show last year since the Tige's weren't going to be there.

Honestly, that was the only reason.

I'll be there this year wearing my Tige' gear.
        The luck is gone, the brain is shot, but the liquor we still got.

Comment

Well, I wish Family Marine the very best of luck as they add the Tige line, but the cynic in me feels like they will likely be just another "general boat dealer" that grabbed a watersports line in an attempt to round out their market-reach. I've seen it happen so many times in MN with various dealers taking on lines such as Tige, Moomba, Supra, Gekko, and Centurion, while the only watersports-boat dealers with any staying power are the 3 that specialize SOLELY in watersports boats. I've found in my 15+ years of going to the Minneapolis Boat Show that I typically know FAR more about the product lines and about watersports-specific boats (see inboards and v-drives) than the salespeople that these general dealers have out there selling the boats. I will definitely go in with an open mind and give Family Marine the benefit of the doubt, but I really hope that they have brought on some staff members who have a good knowledge base in inboard and v-drive watersports boats.

Comment

Family Marine and the Mpls. Show

Probably a good observation. I bought a 20V last summer from Family Marine and went away a little let down by the whole experience. I assume they will be better now because they weren't a Tige dealer before I bought the boat and the owner, Tom, has been to the Tige factory and been exposed to the culture of the watersports boat fanatic. I live too far away to utilize their service dept. but the boat was well prepped when I picked it up. I wish them the best and would love to work as a sales rep. so I could learn the Tige lineup from top to bottom as well as the competition! Need more summer up here to do all the research!!

Enjoy the show!

Comment

Yeah - I want to re-iterate that I have ZERO prior knowledge of Family Marine, and I do not want to come across with any voice of negativity directed at them.
              It is more of a general statement about boat dealers who add on a watersports line and don't know the products very well.
              I've had so many comical experiences in talking to sales-people who are typically selling pontoons, fishing boats, and I/O runabouts where they have no knowledge base in watersports-specific boats that I have grown quite cynical.
              In all reality, I should give them credit for bringing on a true tow boat line instead of trying to convince their buyers that an I/O (or worse yet, a jet boat) with a cool tower, wild graphics, and a big stereo is a waterports boat!

Comment

Originally posted by thoekstr View Post
                Yeah - I want to re-iterate that I have ZERO prior knowledge of Family Marine, and I do not want to come across with any voice of negativity directed at them.
                It is more of a general statement about boat dealers who add on a watersports line and don't know the products very well.
                I've had so many comical experiences in talking to sales-people who are typically selling pontoons, fishing boats, and I/O runabouts where they have no knowledge base in watersports-specific boats that I have grown quite cynical.
                In all reality, I should give them credit for bringing on a true tow boat line instead of trying to convince their buyers that an I/O (or worse yet, a jet boat) with a cool tower, wild graphics, and a big stereo is a waterports boat!
                We saw that happen here in NC a few years back and it was ugly...they still have at least one new 2008 Z1.

Comment

I'll be there anybody else?

Comment

Tony@Tige here. I'll be there all weekend so everyone stop by and say hello. The 2011 have never looked better and i can't wait to see how everyone respondes to the new boats. Tom at Family Marine is a great guy and has been working really hard to build the Tige line in MN. In addition the NIC will be there with me. Thats right the one and only Nic Weinacker will be in the house. Stop by and check us out.

Comment

Originally posted by tony@tige View Post
                      Tony@Tige here. I'll be there all weekend so everyone stop by and say hello. The 2011 have never looked better and i can't wait to see how everyone respondes to the new boats. Tom at Family Marine is a great guy and has been working really hard to build the Tige line in MN. In addition the NIC will be there with me. Thats right the one and only Nic Weinacker will be in the house. Stop by and check us out.
                      I guess my hope for the NIC in Seattle this weekend is out!

Comment

Originally posted by rensink View Post
                        I'll be there anybody else?
                        Yep, I'll be there tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Minneapolis Boat Show Pictures

IMG_6487.JPG

R20
                          IMG_6490.JPG
                          IMG_6504.JPG

RZR
                          IMG_6494.JPG
                          IMG_6498.JPG

RZ2
                          IMG_6492.JPG
                          IMG_6496.JPG

Z1
                          IMG_6507.JPG

Comment

Working...
                          X