Tige Gatherings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ML
    I'd take you up on that if you were closer oh well.

Dom
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Just joined this evening - To be honest I 'd rather it not be at Lake Lewisville - last year we got the mailer from Slalom Shop the MONDAY AFTER the event which totally turned me off to it and I don't live 500 miles from the dealership so not sure what the deal was but I do appreciate this site - I've been asking for it since I toured the Factory in the spring of 200 - before I bought mine that fall.

This site will take things like late publicity by a dealership out of the equation.

Cudos on the site.

Ian

Comment

well lets work on not letting that happen again and all having a great time and get together when it happens

Dom
        Originally posted by G-MONEY
        It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Possum Kingdom?
          anyone been there? I havent, but heard there is a rock face that goes for days (exageration) and it is great to wakeboard by.
          I was thinking of pitching some tents and having an all out weekend there of boarding.

Comment

my22footer,
            Thanks. It is strange that you did not get the notice earlier, The Slalom Shop is usually on it when it comes to that type of thing. I personally can guarantee that those types of events will be posted here as soon as I get word.

yllw20, I have not been their but have seen pictures and it does look really nice.

I think if we do a boat hop or gathering for the local members it would have to be at a central location in Texas so it can facilitate everyone. Just don't know which lake?

Comment

Austin is pretty central... how about lake austin or Travis? Camp Peternales on Travis is phenominal for boarding!
              Freude am Fahren.

Comment

True...never been to either of them though. What does everyone think about the Austin location?

Comment

The guys at the ski dock in austin had a get together last august, so they'd know where the best place to meet would be... the Perd is one of my favorite places to ride!
                  Freude am Fahren.

Comment

I have been to travis....camped at the dam campground. Love lake travis...had good time at devils cove too. I am planning on going down sometime before it gets too hot at night. Ruune will definately drop a line to you to meet there.

Comment

Awesome... I'll be taking delivery of my 22v sometime around the end of march. I usually ride on Medina- its near SA, but I'll be heading up to the ATX and Travis w/ it. I'm kinda thinking of camping out at emma long or somewhere around the perd... maybe we could get a group of ppl with and w/o boats!
                      Freude am Fahren.

Comment

let me know and I will be in. I dont know that lake well. we stayed at the dam because it looked like the best place for overnight camping.

Comment

I've heard the Brazos River in Waco is a nice place (less effected by wind) and is directly between D/FW and Austin - plenty of lodging and I think you can camp. Anyone on here know much about it?

Ian

Comment

I sometimes ride on the Brazos River at Tin Top, near FT. Worth. The river sometimes gets narrow but the whole river is always glass. It would be good to go a river or lake someone is familiar with.

Comment

From What I've heard and seen the Brazos at Waco is like a big version of the riverwalk in San Antonio in that they have better control of the river level and fewer obstructions and I know it is wider there than at Tin Top - I think other Boat Manufacturers have had owners events on the brazos in Waco but I'm open to Austin as well if someone can promise me nice water.

PK (possum Kingdom) is like 9 ft low right now and it won't get better as the year progresses - I'd stay away from it with the level of boat traffic alone (all those rock walls make it hell with even the slightest boat traffic - wave reflections) and there are alot of BIG boats on that lake that like to run 65+.......

just my 2cents
                              Ian

Comment

The Camp Peternales area on travis is very windy, but can get low sometimes. It's always glass though! Lake austin is a consistent level lake, and there's a lot of spots that you can find glass there too. The only drawback of Lake Austin is that the water is colder than Travis, because of the water feeding in fromt he bottom of the dam. It gets REALLY nice in the summer though.
                                Freude am Fahren.

Comment

Working...
                                X