any 98-01 21i owners with wake pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any 98-01 21i owners with wake pics?

I have a 2000 21i and am curious on how some of you guys enhance ur wake with ballast? ive done the usual 2 350# on each side of the engine but im more curious what else others do with theirs and if you guys have any pics of the wake with these boats (specifically 00-01 range since the 21is after that all had deeper hulls) that would be awesome, thanks!
    -Mike

also rope length and speed is something else im curious of too, I ride at about 65-70' at about 22-23mph

Comment

Where's your pics Dude? I'd post mine but, I roll a 22. I run a locker sack in the trunk and one in the walkway up front.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

i dont have any pics of the wake right now but if you could share ur pics of the 22i im sure it would be similar, thanks man!

Comment

I have the 99 21I. No pics right now but I run 600# under the back deck lid for Boarding at 21mph and then shift it to one side or the other for surfing at 12mph. I might go out tonight after work, if I do I will take some shots for you.

Comment

Oh yeah, I don't have any anymore. God damn thieving bitches. All I got is what's in my gallery and that aint much. http://www.tigeowners.com/photos/sho...32&ppuser=2000 Never could get the wash off the top of the wake but I can minimize it to just about zero effect. I just tell myself that it helps define where the exact top of the wake is so I can maximize my pop.

Comment

Oh yeah, 65' line @ 24mph. Being really wide direct drives, these "old" Tiges have really wide tables and long, long ramps. I like the speed just a tick faster as it tends to clean up the lip quite a bit but, it will put you in the flats every time if you push it just a bit. If I'm into it (I'm really not anymore), I'll let the line out to 70' and start charging it. I got tired of breaking my a$$ and tearing my shoulders apart, so I pretty much just surf these days. If I do ride, I'll just go out and hit a few Doubles and get my fatass back on the boat and wait for a surf session.

Comment

I don't have any pics here at work, but for wakesurfing I use about 300#'s under the back seat and (2) 400# v-drive sacs on one side. The platform is under water and the rub rail is at water level. It makes a great wakesurf wake. I am not that good at wakeboarding yet, so I don't use ballast yet when wakeboarding. But I did get a helmet for Christmas so I probably will do it this year. I figured I would put a sac on each side just for starters.
                Dale
                2000 21i Tige

Comment

you need to put weight up front
                  - i did 350's on each side of the enging as far back as poss and then a 600 in the walkay as far forward as poss.
                  - just when you put weight up front you have to ease of the throttle after the rider falls. if you back out to quick you will dunk the nose.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                    Oh yeah, I don't have any anymore. God damn thieving bitches. All I got is what's in my gallery and that aint much. http://www.tigeowners.com/photos/sho...32&ppuser=2000 Never could get the wash off the top of the wake but I can minimize it to just about zero effect. I just tell myself that it helps define where the exact top of the wake is so I can maximize my pop.
                    Well, what are you waiting for? Get out on your damn boat and take some pics...and stop playing with those RC toys...we're all starting to lose respect for you

Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Waiting for warm weather, the wind to stop blowing and oh ya, some water in the lake would be good.

Comment

I agree, but I have the droop nose and water come over the bow all the time if I am not carefull so I don't do this. I had 2 BIG people up front 1 time (approx 500#'s) and almost sunk the boat. Not worth it to me. My surf wake is good enough for me.

Originally posted by yllw20 View Post
                        you need to put weight up front
                        - i did 350's on each side of the enging as far back as poss and then a 600 in the walkay as far forward as poss.
                        - just when you put weight up front you have to ease of the throttle after the rider falls. if you back out to quick you will dunk the nose.
                        Dale
                        2000 21i Tige

Comment

One of the best things I ever did was have a bow cover made for my boat. I usually keep it on all day and just throw all the vests and what not up there along with the sack in the walkway. It keeps all that crap out of the main cabin and I can run ballast up front without the worry of taking water on over the nose.

Comment

Working...
                          X