2000 tige 20i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000 tige 20i

I am new on here and looking to get into a wakeboard boat. I am a beginner boarder and am looking at a 2000 tige 20i. Was wondering what peoples opinions on this boat is. Its clean has around 240 hours I think. Samson collabisible edge tower on it. Everything else is stock as far as I know.

What do people think a resonible price for this boat would be? Is this a good boat for normal wakeboarding and some tube towing? Just general opinions on this boat?

Thanks for any advice.

Originally posted by goinxtreme119 View Post
    I am new on here and looking to get into a wakeboard boat. I am a beginner boarder and am looking at a 2000 tige 20i. Was wondering what peoples opinions on this boat is. Its clean has around 240 hours I think. Samson collabisible edge tower on it. Everything else is stock as far as I know.

What do people think a resonible price for this boat would be? Is this a good boat for normal wakeboarding and some tube towing? Just general opinions on this boat?

Thanks for any advice.
    This boat is designed for skiing, but with some ballast it can produce a decent wakeboarding wake. The market is great right now with unbelievable deals you might want to keep you eyes open or a 20V...
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by G-MONEY View Post
      This boat is designed for skiing, but with some ballast it can produce a decent wakeboarding wake. The market is great right now with unbelievable deals you might want to keep you eyes open or a 20V...
      You can get a decent surf wake out of a 20i. Just watch any of the videos Larry Mann posted. Of course, he's got some serious ballast on his boat.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

had an 03 20i
        - great boat overall. handles well. will need ballast to advance your skills on the board. Can get a decent surf wake out of her.
        - If you are a dedicated boarder and no skiing to be done, you may want to hold out for a v-drive, but if the boat is in your price and you want to start it is a great boat.
        - like all boats drive'm befor eyou buy and make sure you ride behind it to see if you like the wake it produces w/o ballast.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info. So what is the big difference between the direct drive and the v-drive is it shape of hull giving a deeper cut through water producing larger wake? Or boat wieght?

Comment

Originally posted by goinxtreme119 View Post
            Thanks everyone for the info. So what is the big difference between the direct drive and the v-drive is it shape of hull giving a deeper cut through water producing larger wake? Or boat wieght?
            I think there are minor differences in hull shape, but the big difference is in weight distribution due to engine placement.

Others will probably chime in with more detailed info.

Comment

You also have the motor in the back, which (I believe) gives you a larger wake. When it's in the middle, the boat sits in the water differently then when it's at the back of the boat. Also, the freeboard is deeper on a V-Drive, vs a DD.

Comment

Originally posted by dingleberry View Post
                I think there are minor differences in hull shape, but the big difference is in weight distribution due to engine placement.

Others will probably chime in with more detailed info.
                Actually, the hull difference between a 20i and the rest of Tige's line-up is substantial
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I have a 2000 20i, and I've had a blast with it. The only thing I will say is that the nose rides really low, so it's easy to take water over the bow. I'd think you can get that boat for $15k or below.

Comment

I can only tell you that I was a complete newbie to owning a boat, and I bought a 2000 20i late last summer. It was very low hours (under 75 IIRC), very clean. The seller had kept it in his basement off season. It's a fantastic boat. Super comfortable and plenty of juice. We use it for skiing and tubing mostly. The TAPS system works really well. Only thing I did was to replace the impeller preventatively this spring and put in a depth gauge since we spend a lot of time on the river. I would think you could find one of these in similar condition around $11K w/trailer if you poke around.

Here's a pic:

Last edited by billys; 05-27-2009, 06:13 PM. Reason: added pic

Comment

I am eyeing a 2000 21i, someone mentioned that there 20i takes on water over the bow. Is this something I would be dealing with? I am looking for a boat that the whole family will enjoy, especially my wife, who will probably never even get on a board or ski so the ride will need to be smooth in all conditions and not have water coming over the bow etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 2whlin View Post
                        I am eyeing a 2000 21i, someone mentioned that there 20i takes on water over the bow. Is this something I would be dealing with? I am looking for a boat that the whole family will enjoy, especially my wife, who will probably never even get on a board or ski so the ride will need to be smooth in all conditions and not have water coming over the bow etc. etc.
                        Any boat can be made to take water over the bow in even the most normal conditions.

Again, take it for a ride and judge for yourself. I'm sure Texas Tige will be happy to do that so you make the right decision.

Comment

I would say that any of the i models are going to take on water more just because of the way they were designed. Look for a 03 or newer V-drive. it cost a little more but the space inside and the comfort for a day of just hanging on the lake is much more of what you are looking for. That 20i is a ski boat through and through. Its meant to run the course at 36mph and pull world records.
                          I'm going old school- I'm bring back the SKURFER!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X