No announcement yet.

Perfect Pass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the speed is going up and down or surging, then you need to adjust the km (I think that's what it is called). It is a constant that is used in the electronics that adjusts the response vs. time. It is adjustable from the control face. Very easy to use and it is not uncommon to need adjustment to dial in PP as you add weight to the boat. The km may vary from 60 to 260 or more. It is all in the manual.

Comment

I'm still a bit nervous to fiddle with it myself. Do you think that if there was electrical problems with the boat that this could affect it in this way?

Comment

I suppose an electrical problem could be affecting the PP, but I doubt that's the reason. If speed is not steady, the paddle wheel or control module is probably at fault. I would first try adjusting the km. It only takes about 20 seconds to change and if you remember the original setting, you can always put it back. But try different settings up and down to see if it gets better or worse.

If I were you I would give that a try- it is easy and may solve it.

Comment

Perfect Pass.....I would not leave home with out it. Being the boat owner and primary driver, I find when it's my turn to ride I get someone driving who is not as practiced as me. With Perfect Pass it takes the hardest part of pulling a boarder out of the equation. Plus even for me it takes a lot of the stress of driving away, just set it and keep an eye on where your going. No need to constantly monitor the speed or RPMs.

Just my 2 cents

Comment

Did anyone do the PP install themselves or know a bit about it? The perfect pass website makes it seem easy enough.....

Comment

On my first boat, my dealer gave me such a good deal on the PP, it would have been dumb to do it myself. From my understanding you can do it yourself if you are pretty handy. The first time it is suppose to take a Saturday and half as long the next time. Everyone says that the hardest part is cutting the hole in the bottom.

Comment

i would reccomend it, having the wife as my driver when my regular baording buddies arn't available makes pp worth the $$. i call it "the marriage saver"

Comment

Working...
                X