Buying a 21i??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a 21i??

I'm looking at buying a 2000 21i. It has no ballast in it so right now for wakeboarding I'll only have the TAPS. I do slalom too but will be wakeboarding most. Any input on what you guys think about the wake this boat throws and the potential wake with some fat chics in the back and the overall boat? Also is the tower on these boats solid?

I own a 2001 21i and the wakeboarding wake is decent with just the taps and a few people. I have a single 350 pound sack under the back seat, and when I have at least six people in the boat it throws a nice wake. I am a 250# fat@$$ and I can easily clear the wake. The boat will hold more weight, but the problem with these boats is the dip in the bow that I guess was designed to eliminate bow rise during hole shot. Due to this the boat rides very low in the water (looks good) but makes it very easy to swamp the boat and limits how much weight you can add to the bow. I have not tried adding a center sack between the driver and observer seat but I imagine it can only get better. The taps does a great job of tuning/firming the wake. I have pulled some pretty good riders and they had no problem pulling off tantrums, backrolls, and raleys. I can't comment on the tower, because I have a custom aftermarket tower that is very solid (made by new dimension towers.)
    http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/ga...2002_21i.html#
    The boat without the cover on this page is mine. The previous owner named it valentine but I rapidly removed that decal. I have had my boat for 4 years and I have been very satisfied. Hope this helps.

Comment

have a 2000 21i riders and I agree with jchurch. what kind of price on the one you are looking at?

Comment

Here's a nice 21i for sale in NC.
        http://greensboro.craigslist.org/boa/763197693.html

Comment

I've got a 1999 2100i and absolutely love it. My only ballast is usually 2 kids and my 100 lb wife. I continue to be amazed at the difference in the wake when I have TAPS on vs. with it "off". I love to slalom and wakeboarrd and the boat is really just awesome. No regrets what so ever in buying the boat.

Good luck with you search.

Comment

I will put up to 1200 in my 20i.
            - 350's on each side of the motor as far back to touch rear seat and then a 600 in the walk way, but it is not full.
            the true key from swamping the nose is when you rider falls to slowly ease off the throttle and the boat will settle fine...if you quickly pull out it will dip the nose and get the front a little wet.
            ---
            go buy the boat and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by yllw20 View Post
              I will put up to 1200 in my 20i.
              - 350's on each side of the motor as far back to touch rear seat and then a 600 in the walk way, but it is not full.
              the true key from swamping the nose is when you rider falls to slowly ease off the throttle and the boat will settle fine...if you quickly pull out it will dip the nose and get the front a little wet.
              ---
              go buy the boat and have fun.
              I thought you sold your boat?
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

The max I would go is $18k. I'm going to look at it this weekend and from the pictures it looks very clean and has 500hrs. You think that is too much?

Comment

that is in the ball park. trailer come with it? what other options?

Comment

its with a trailer and its the riders edition boat. tower, board racks, bimini top, cover, no tower speakers.

Comment

What does riders addition do for you? I think it's a great deal. Mine has only 193 hours but I fully expect to own it for a long time to come with tons of fun and memories for the family. What kind of boating do you expect to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Double A View Post
                        The max I would go is $18k. I'm going to look at it this weekend and from the pictures it looks very clean and has 500hrs. You think that is too much?
                        Good price. The tower and double axle trailer are a plus.

I am a salom skier, and the wake is great. I just started wakeboarding last year and we can make a good wake for that also. I haven't used the ballast for wakeboarding yet. I just got around 1000lbs of ballast for Christmas. If you put a bag under the back seat and (2) 400lb V-sac on the same side it makes and awesome wakesurf wake.
                        Only draw back is storage, but the boat outways that and I see you have board racks. I love mine. My boat have 515hrs I think and runs great.
                        Dale
                        2000 21i Tige

Comment

dog,

I did sell the boat, but that was my old set-up...Matt G still has my weight.

Comment

Double A
                            I just bought a 2001 21i with 60hrs on it myself and could not be happier. I don't know what all these guys are talking about with having to add all this ballast to the boat. I put the taps on 8 and launch of the wake better then I ever did behind a buddies Malibu Response LX( he had about 1000lbs ballast). I can pull tandems, Rolls and most other Inverts easily and I can take my Raleys out into the flats like never before. But I guess to each he's own so. I hope the info helps.
                            I hope that you are getting Perfect pass on it.
                            I'm going old school- I'm bring back the SKURFER!!!!!!

Comment

I got the boat and took it out for a few hours this afternoon. Looks like I'm going to have to get used to the bow wanting to take a dive but I think I'm going to like. No Perfect Pass, yet. What are the temps you guys are usually seeing on the gauge after the engine is warm. My needle was jumping around then was around 175 which seemed kinda low especially with it being 100+ outside today?

Comment

Working...
                              X