2001 21i Fuel issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 21i Fuel issue

This last weekend I had an issue with the fuel system on my boat. I would take it out and run it in the morning to go skiing then come back to camp and let it sit for a couple hours. When I would get back in it to go somewhere it would start up and run for about 100 yards and die because of lack of fuel. When I pulled the fuel filter it was only about half full so a poured gas in it and topped it off then it would run fine until I would come back and let it sit for a couple hours again. Has anyone else had issues with this the only two things I can think of is maybe its vapor locking or maybe its ready for a new fuel pump. I've put over 100 hours on it this year and this is my first problem.

How warm was the air temp???? Did you try opening the engine cover before you started it to cool it off?

Comment

It was usually around 90-95 and no I didn't try opening the cover before starting it. I had the boat at the same lake the week before with even hotter air temps and never a problem.

Comment

Have you changed out your fuel filter or cleaned it? Maybe it's clogged.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

No thats my next step, it looks fine I've emptied it and blown air through it and it seems to be fine.

Comment

Mine gets changed every 100 hrs or so.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
            X