No announcement yet.

Weight placement in 22iR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, as soon as the PP engages it slows incredibly. Since last I posted I have yet been able to go out again but like I mentioned before even without the PP on it would not hold a steady speed. Couple times after a rider fell the RPM's would be way high and it took a few moments for the idle to drop to normal. I did not want to kick it in gear when it was revving so high so that bothered me. It seems as if all fingers point to the PP. So I will have them check and adjust if needed.

Jon what do you have the Taps set too when fully weighted?

Comment

Factory Ballast

Has anyone been quoted price for stock ballast in the 21 or 22i? How much weight was it? Just curious......

Comment

Went out to Elsinore yesterday afternoon to brave the wind and the boat seems to run fine. Holds steady and figured out the PP issue. As some may have mentioned I slowly brought it up to speed before and then the PP would kick on giving us a surge where I had to give it more throttle to get it where it need be for the PP to take over. Figured out to hammer a bit more and bring it back. Smooooth........

Still have the revving issue, so I will wait for servicing on that one but everything else is back the way it was.... Woo Hoo!

Comment

Just logged back on. I usually use the Taps when fully weighted to start out on full waterski setting to get the boat on plane quicker. Then usually I settle it in about half way between wakeboard and waterski setting. That seems to work the best to clean up the wake. Tomorrow I am going to have 8 or 9 in my boat and full ballast #1400 pounds. Should be interesting. This will be the most it's been weighted before. I will let you know about the wake and take some pictures for you. We are heading out to the Canyon backwater around noon.

Comment

Ended up having 10 in the boat and only filled the front sac 600#s. The wake was sick. I will post some pics tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

I would be interested in seeing that.

Comment

Jsut replying to ssrgeoff. I got an 04 22iR with the stock ballast. its got the four tanks, under the stereo where the battery is. in the compartment under the dash board and then in the back two side lockers. i know the guy where we bought it from and im pretty sure it is 1000 pounds. it throws the wakeup. its kinda slow to fill, at only 500gph. but it gets the job done.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Where are the switches located for the ballast?

Comment

SSR

My boat has the same tendencies regarding the RPM's and I don't have the PP as of yet (I hope soon)

Comment

Originally posted by rmarion
                      SSR

My boat has the same tendencies regarding the RPM's and I don't have the PP as of yet (I hope soon)
                      When you schedule for your 20hr service let them know. My ECU needed to be replaced. We'll see how it works when I get it back.

Comment

Originally posted by ssrgeoff
                        When you schedule for your 20hr service let them know. My ECU needed to be replaced. We'll see how it works when I get it back.
                        We already had our 20 hr service, we have 76 hrs on her now.

Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to let them know. I'm going take her in at the end of summer.

Comment

ECM...sorry. Let them know and schedule a service. Wow 76 hrs. when did you pick up your boat?

Comment

We got it May 14th. I have three teenage boys that are enjoying it to the fullest with us. It's one way to keep track of our kids..........

Comment

Working...
                            X