Looking at an 04 22i R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at an 04 22i R

Want to both wakeboard but ski too. Will also be teaching my young son and soon daughters to do both. Will the wake be managable for skiing??

ill be going to the lake tommarrow.. and can take a picture of the wake with the taps on 1 at what ever speed you want.. just let me know..

Comment

Set taps at 1.5 to 2 and the wake is very good soft and rounded with no gully in between.

Comment

I am comfortable skiing around 27-30. I have an 8 year old son that will be on his first set of trainer skiis.

Many thanks for the replies!

Comment

Not sure about the wake on the 22i, but I love the TAPS on my 1999 2100i and have had great success with my daughter on a kneeboard (was 5 this summer) and son (9 this summer) on the wakeboard and skis. My son learned to slalom this summer, but prefers wakeboarding, which he also just learned. Due to the difference in speeds that the kids need to go, TAPS is just awesome.

I grew up behind a boat (slalom, barefoot, etc), but have really enjoyed learning to wakeboard along with my son - certainly a bit of friendly competition going on to learn new tricks! You can't go wrong spending time with the family in a boat!!! Good luck.

Comment

on an unweighted 22i you'll be just fine skiing. we don't really ski behind ours but without weight in it and taps at its lowest setting the wakes are really mild. just keep some fat sacs on hand for wakeboarding and you are set.

Comment

This is from a 2004 22i
              This is no ballast 30 MPH Taps on 1
              Hope this helps
              Attached Files

Comment

This is from the same 2004 22i
                This is 850 pounds of ballast 22 MPH Taps on 8
                Check out the 5th posting down.
                http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5469

Comment

mytaps only goes to 7 ?????

Comment

It varrys from boat to boat. Like on my Rz2 mine go to 8 and on a friends 22v it goes to.
                    Last edited by rensink; 11-06-2007, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jwanck11 View Post
                      Want to both wakeboard but ski too. Will also be teaching my young son and soon daughters to do both. Will the wake be managable for skiing??
                      Yes. It's a softer wake than you'd expect, so it's definitely skiable.
                      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I have a 2002 22i.......GREAT BOAT!! I rarely run weight just because we do both ski and board alot but don't always have tons of time to wait for ballast to drain and fill.........that being said, when I do run weight it throws a killer wake, HUGE to echo others..........but even without, backrolls and tantrums get pulled all the time behind it.........when we are weightless, I go about 22.5, with taps full on.......and a 70' rope....

As far as skiing, it depends on your taste........if you are strictly recreational skiing either slalom or double skis, its fine at any speed between 28-30, but if you really are getting after it, then the wake is not that forgiving.........I don't throw the stick on too much anymore, but that is all the wife does........she skis at 33.5 to 34mph and at 22 off. If she goes at 15 off, the wake is just much of a bump to keep the ski on edge consistently......it took some trial and error before we got it dialed in....

My daughter started doubles at age 4.5 and now at age 8 she is 360'ing on the kneeboard, and does 180 board slides on her wakeboard!! She is an animal!! My son is a different story........he is 5, but hasn't really been super excited about doing it yet........would rather just tube....oh well.........

But to repeat, it is a great boat! I would by a new one tomorrow if I had to..

Comment

Wow... seems like an age ago that I started this thread!!

Gues what??! Today my kid got up on trainer skiis for the first time.

I was so freakin pumped I backed off the throttle and down he went.

He admitted to being a bit scared, but was totally digging it when all was said an done.

My oldest girl (6) had a rougher time of it so more time and patience is needed for her.

I also threw on a stick and cut some pretty crazy turns. The wake is a bit hard and big, but I muscled through it anyway. After being done I learned that hte TAPS was on 8. They'll be nother days...

Comment

congrats to you guys! those ramps should mellow out nicely with taps turned down. you just reminded me of how long its been since i've been out on the water this summer. i gotta do something about that. keep on keeping on and have fun doing it!

Comment

Yeah we invented a signal for the taps check and adjustment. We hold our hand flat towards the boat. Point your hand down for a lower setting and up for an increased setting.
                              Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Working...
                              X