Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got back from a "sea trial" of the 2008 20i

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...394#post109394

It is an extraordinary boat. Thought you might be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by pklakeguy View Post
      Maybe some of you guys can help me out. I'm looking into buying a new 20i. I've got a '93 SLM 2000 and was wondering how the wake in the new 20i's would compare to the wakes of those put out by the older models (92-97)? I'm sure some of you folks have skied behind both and could help me out.
      Any of you have any experience with an older 20i? I picked up a 2001 a couple of years ago, and I just can't seem to get a decent wake out of it for slalom. Is that just something I have to live with? I haven't played with the TAPS much when skiing, only when the kids are wakeboarding. The boat doesn't seem to want to flatten out even in the 32-36 MPH range.

Comment

I normally run my taps at 1.5 to 2 , and the wake is exellent. I ski at 15 off and my friend skis at 22 off about 30 to 32mph.

Comment

Menard, how is the wakeboard wake on that? Do you ever run any weight in it?

Comment

The wakeboard wake isn't bad. We usually just run with about 4 people in the boat including the driver with the taps around 4. Since my family is just getting into wakeboarding, it's been good enough. We have put in two fatsacs though when my daughters boyfriend came along, and set the taps around 6, and it got much better. He is a fairly experienced wakeboarder.

I have always just put the taps as low as it would go for skiing thinking that has to be the flatest wake, but I've seen quite a few others say they put it between 1 and 2.

Comment

Thanks. I'm excited to see how mine does when I finally get it in the water

Comment

Originally posted by menard63 View Post
                I have always just put the taps as low as it would go for skiing thinking that has to be the flatest wake, but I've seen quite a few others say they put it between 1 and 2.
                I set my taps to where I can see that the trim tab isnt completely in the water and sending up spray. I find it makes for a cleaner wake
                Everything happens for a reason
                I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Working...
                X