purchasing a 20i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

purchasing a 20i

Hi, I am new to the site and am looking at buying a 02 20i. I have done a search and cannot find much info on these boats. Are they the same hull as the 20v? I will be mainly using the boat for wakeboarding. Attached is a pic of the boat, any info on these would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

They are very versitle, so there good for slalom or wakeboarding. There fairly roomy inside and will handle the chop better than most.

Do you have any spefic questions?
    The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Are they the same hull as a 20v? Is the one pictured a 02 model? Does anyone have any pics of the wake with a fair bit of ballast? Are they all composite construction?

Thanks.

Comment

I do know that there are several folks on this board who regularly surf behind a 20i. The 02 models still use wood stringers, which are much stronger than composite. Tige wraps their stringer system in glass, so there's no issue with that.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I do think they are the same hulls, 20i and 20v that is. Either way, they'll still push a wake.
          The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

I believe '03 was the last year they used wood. In mine there is still quite a bit in it.
            Common Sense is not so Common
            Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
              I believe '03 was the last year they used wood. In mine there is still quite a bit in it.
              Actually, it was later than that.
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I have an 02 20i and I love it. It is the first boat that I have purchased so I do not have much to compare it to. Feel free to ask any questions and I will answer as best as I can. I have been wakeboarding behind the boat with no ballast (This is my first year riding) and I have no complaints. Even my friends who have been riding for years say it is a great wake without ballast. With ballast I am sure it would be better.

Comment

I have and 03. I belive the stringers are and encased wood consruction.
                  the wake is good w/ ballast. I run a 350 on ea side of the engine and 500 in the walk way. I do believe the v and i have the same hull. If you have any ?'s shoot me a pm.

Comment

Working...
                  X