20 i surfing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 i surfing

hi, just wondering if anyone has a 20 i that they surf behind. I had a 21i and it surfed real nice. I still like to foot and slalom so have deceided to go for the 20i
    Thanx for any input

Welcome to the site

FIC surfs behind a 20i

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...50&postcount=3
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have behind my 20i. Just weight it right and it can do anything. It is a great all around boat.
      - R U buying new or used?
      - where are you at?
      - If your local I'll take you out on mine.

Comment

20i surfing

Originally posted by yllw20 View Post
        I have behind my 20i. Just weight it right and it can do anything. It is a great all around boat.
        - R U buying new or used?
        - where are you at?
        - If your local I'll take you out on mine.
        Hello
        I am buying new. I had a 21i was an excellent boat but want somthing with just a little more skiability and I still like to bare foot also. Really love the surfing also I was going to order with the 365 horse motor to push it a little bit faster out of hole.
        Thanx for the offer. I am in calgary, alberta canada.
        The 20 i seems like the best all around boat for me.
        Take care!!

Comment

Originally posted by haweesb View Post
          Hello
          I am buying new. I had a 21i was an excellent boat but want somthing with just a little more skiability and I still like to bare foot also. Really love the surfing also I was going to order with the 365 horse motor to push it a little bit faster out of hole.
          Thanx for the offer. I am in calgary, alberta canada.
          The 20 i seems like the best all around boat for me.
          Take care!!
          I dont know what the cost diff between the 340hp and 360hp would be, 3k-4k maybe, but IMHO, the extra 20 horses would not be worth it. A prop change would get you a better hole shot with very little loss of top end for less then $400.

Check with the folks @ Acme props, www.acmemarine.com , and see what they say.

Just a thought
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            I dont know what the cost diff between the 340hp and 360hp would be, 3k-4k maybe, but IMHO, the extra 20 horses would not be worth it. A prop change would get you a better hole shot with very little loss of top end for less then $400.

Check with the folks @ Acme props, www.acmemarine.com , and see what they say.

Just a thought
            True enough. BTW, anyone know the torque for each of the Vortec engine options? It's really hard to decipher what Tige advertises and what GM makes.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
              True enough. BTW, anyone know the torque for each of the Vortec engine options? It's really hard to decipher what Tige advertises and what GM makes.

If we can find the HP curve, you can calculate the torque

HP x 5252
              T = ------------
              RPM

Comment

Thanx for the info! What kind of weight are you distributing in back of boat.I loaded my 21i with two 550lb fat sacks one in back of boat in middle and one in back to side of surfer. Went about 13mph and set taps at 5. It seemed to work really well.

Comment

Working...
                X