Gas Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Gauge

Can anyone tell me if TIGE has fixed the issue with the gas gauge not working? Does TIGE have an answer to how to fix this issue? I'd really like to know how much gas I have in my boat, without using my educated guess based on time spent on the water.

The newer Tige's fuel gauge seem to work okay but IMO, there still is a problem. The best bet would be a fuel flow meter.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=467

The link above is one of many with comments regarding the fuel flow meter.

Comment

thanks DaBell

I'd really like to see Tige rebate us back some of the cost of the boat, since they haven't been able to come up with an answer on the gas gauge. I'm certain if this was a car, there would have been a recall by now.

Comment

There are other boat companies that have this issue also. It's just too bad that they are not trying to resolve this issue other than the old school way.

Comment

Originally posted by Yknot05too View Post
          Can anyone tell me if TIGE has fixed the issue with the gas gauge not working? Does TIGE have an answer to how to fix this issue? I'd really like to know how much gas I have in my boat, without using my educated guess based on time spent on the water.
          NO!!!!!

We would all like to know how much gas we have left!!

Originally posted by Yknot05too View Post
          I'd really like to see Tige rebate us back some of the cost of the boat, since they haven't been able to come up with an answer on the gas gauge. I'm certain if this was a car, there would have been a recall by now.

HA HA HA now thats funny.
          Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Is there anywhere on this site where tigé addresses the gas guage issue? I mean, are they working on it or have they just given up and said, tough tiggies, live with it?

Comment

BTW, Yknot05too, that's a pretty sexy name.

Comment

I might have a sexy name

But G-Money has a great pic.

I don't think TIGE wants to fix it, where's my rebate/refund from TIGE???

Comment

Avatar, she has a great avatar. Where's yours?

Comment

Mine works 50% of the time. This winter I have 2 new fuel senders I am going to test. One is an updated float design and the other is similar that I am putting in my Rhino that does not use a float. I need to find the link to the other sender.
                    Let it be!!!

Comment

Ours worked for almost 2 months but has quit completely again. I don't know what circumstances lead to it working. I have not noticed any pattern.

Comment

Mine always reads full when I am going on the lake all day. It works when we are only on a short day of 3 hours or less. How does it know not to work when we need it the most?
                        Let it be!!!

Comment

Yeah, if it's smart enuf to know that then why can't it just be smart enuf to tell us how much petrol is in the tank?

Comment

On the serious side, we and other tigé owners on our lake use a 4 gallon per hour guesstimate. It's close enough to tell us that it's time to put another couple of buckets of gas in.

Comment

Originally posted by YKnot View Post
                              On the serious side, we and other tigé owners on our lake use a 4 gallon per hour guesstimate. It's close enough to tell us that it's time to put another couple of buckets of gas in.
                              Ever since I figured out how to fill the tank up, which can be a PITA, mine has worked flawlessly.
                              http://wake9.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X