Thanks to everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to everyone

Thanks to everyone that gave me alittle insight to my questions. I greatly appreciated it! I have another question, and I'm sure it won't be my last. I have 2000 22i, and I've noticed I don't have any cleets. I'm sure thats pretty rare, but I don't have a clue. Could I get some advice on what to install and how to install them, or should I have someone else do it?

You can do it you self, the front cleat you dont want to be too far forword because when you tyeing to your slip/dock it will be a pain the the butt, so the front one, I'd put in the window area, and the back one around the "sunpad" area.
    The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

Any one of the cleats on This Page Will work for you boat.

Open base cleats are generally easier to use
      Last edited by wannabewakeboarder; 07-25-2007, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Here is how you should do it

1, Drill you holes, start with a small drill bit, and then get bigger, drill from the outside in so not to chip your fiber glass

2, You'll want to but some sort of "backing plate" (wood, metal) for extra support.

A, Backing Plate

B, Side of boat

C, Cleat

Sorry everthing is not as detailed as I'd like but, I'm in a rush...tried to help explain
        Attached Files

Comment

Pull-up cleats all the way

I would recommend 2 at the stern, 2 amid-ship @ the widest part of the boat which is about at the front tower leg where the windshield starts to turn back, and maybe 1 on the nose (like Tige does now for the optional cleat) or 2 up front (1 on each side of the bow). The bow cleat(s) are great to have for tying off the anchor, or a spring line when docked.

Measure twice and drill once. Double check on the inside that you will have room for the cleat and wont wont drill into anything important.
          Run the drill in reverse until you get through the gel-coat.
          Use some sand paper to chamfer the holes to prevent spider cracks.
          Use some marine sealer around the holes to prevent water from entering the fiber glass.

Link to a "how to" that someone posted; http://www.wakesiderides.com/tige/vi...cle.php?id=270

Not a hard project, good luck.
          Last edited by chpthril; 07-25-2007, 12:45 PM.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Measure 4,000 times.... Cut once.....

I can't believe no one said it....

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
              Measure 4,000 times.... Cut once.....

I can't believe no one said it....
              We knew you were coming. how does a boat come without cleats????
              Everything happens for a reason
              I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Working...
              X