First time owner. Got a 2000 22i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time owner. Got a 2000 22i

First time owner of 2000 22i. I've boated for a few years on the old man's crownline, but I have to say I think I bit-off more than I can chew. Any suggestions or hints would be greatly appreciated. I guess my first question is on the control panel, I have three switches, 1ACC, 2ACC, and 3ACC. What are they, and what do they do? Also the boat is great shape, but the carpet is pretty worn. Where could I get new carpet, and how much is does it typically cost. One last question for night. I have a wooden platform(teak or teek?) It looks pretty good, but could I sand it, and if I sand it, what do I put on it, to make it look sharp?

The switches I cannot help you with, I have no suggestions for buying carpet for your boat, but they will ream you for, its going to be expensive, for custom made anyways.

Click here This should help you with you teak problems.

This thread may also help.

If you just want to sand it, but you can add some kind of teak oil.
    The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

Thanks for all your help. Looks like I have some sanding to do!

Comment

Originally posted by fellad31 View Post
        I guess my first question is on the control panel, I have three switches, 1ACC, 2ACC, and 3ACC. What are they, and what do they do?
        Probably nothing. Try flipping them on and listening for a noise or something.
        Common Sense is not so Common
        Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Originally posted by fellad31 View Post
          Thanks for all your help. Looks like I have some sanding to do!
          Not necessarily, there are some great teak cleaning products you should try first. Click here. I've used this and it's amazing how easy and effective it is. If that doesn't work, then sand, but I'd try this first. I usually do the whole process twice a year.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

My ACC switch controls the radio and that's about it. It's possible it controls your 12v connections or courtesy lights (if you have them).

Carpet's more difficult. It's glued down. A marine upholstry guy will be able to do it, but I'd wait until winter when they're desperate for business.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

On my teak I Fire up my preassure washer and it cleans it like it was new wood then I apply the teak oil, never have sanded it and it still looks good .

Comment

Good idea!

Comment

There is a ton of info on teak on this site and also on the Internet so you should not have any problems bringing it back to like new condition.

As far as the switches, like Zad said, turn them on and look/listen for stuff to come on ie shower, lights, radio, heater. They may not all be used.

Carpet........good luck Like Dog said, research now, fix over winter. Take pics when you do, we like to see projects
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

First time owner of 2000 22i. I've boated for a few years on the old man's crownline, but I have to say I think I bit-off more than I can chew.
                    fellad31, You will love it. One suggestion, just don't put people in the bow when you are running. Waves come over the front very easy if you have the droop nose on it like mine. I have a 2000 21i, but I love it. I have to learn the hard way. I soaked a lot of people until I learn. I never owned a ski boat until now either. Can't understand why now. Good luck and enjoy.
                    Dale
                    2000 21i Tige

Comment

TRD,
                      I can't understand why now either, but it was worth it. Took it out for the first time today, and had a little water over the bow....just once. Thanks for the info, just alittle too late.

Fellad31

Comment

and had a little water over the bow....just once. Thanks for the info, just alittle too late.
                        I know what you mean. I learned this last year. I think is was the 2nd time out and I had A LOT of weight in the front if you know what I mean! I really thought I sunk it. Freaked me out. So I don't do that anymore. No riders upfront if I can help it.
                        Dale
                        2000 21i Tige

Comment

I throw the mini-mes up there.
                          http://www.wakeboatworld.com
                          []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Oh, beehave!

Comment

acc

My acc switches control courtesy lights throughout the boat.
                              Try hitting them after dark and see what happens.
                              You can also look under the dash to see if there are even any wires connected to the switches...if not, then they are not connected to anything obviously.
                              Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Working...
                              X