Display Gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display Gauges

I have a 1998 22i and am in need of a new fuel gauge. My current gauges are VDO and I would like purchase a new one that matches the existing. I cannot find them anywhere. Does anyone have any advise as to where to purchase VDO gauges?

Send my a picture of your gauge. I just changed all mine out to Faria gauges. My fuel gauge worked fine, so if they are the same you can have mine if you pay for shipping.

Comment

You need to contact Spharis. He changed out all his gauges with Faria like Jim_B mentioned above. He even had the part numbers. Mine are still hanging in there, but I guess the bezel falls apart.
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Jim, thank you for responding. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost to switch the the Faria gauges? I actually considered doing the very same thing but chose not to because of wiring harness and connectors already in my boat. Did you install them or have the gauges installed for you?

Comment

Mike, you are exactly right. The bezel broke away from the gauge. I have another one that seems to be on its way out too.

Comment

Can still source the VDO gauges here in New Zealand as I've seen the engine hours, volt and water temp. Could investigate sourcing the fuel if you want me to pursue it further.

Comment

Go into the members list and look up Spharis and send him a PM (Private Message). He'll have some more info.

Comment

It was about $300 and I did it myself. I did have to change some of the boats push on connecters to the srew on type.

Comment

jedcarter, I made a mistake. I went out to my shed today and looked at my old gauge and it was not the original. It was a replacement by the previous owner.By the way I have the same exact boat.

Comment

I am going to post the part numbers in the How-To section. Maybe it can be stickied.
                    http://www.wakeboatworld.com
                    []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Thanks guys! I appreciate the help. It seems that the best thing to do is order a new set of Faria gauges.

Comment

FYI....if you pull or slightly press on your gauge faces, they will all fall off. You will learn this as you make the swap. The only ones I had that stayed in one piece were the TAPs, and the speedos.....all the others cracked, and broke off.
                        []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

I also have the same boat.Iam looking to change the speedos out as one seal broke and the other sometimes doesn't work,anybody suggest a good brand.these are the ones that the water goes threw.

Comment

The pitot tube (pickup) broke, or the instruments are getting pressure?
                            []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

I did pull on my face plates and found the hour gauge to be slightly loose. Looks like I need to start ordering.
                              Do you think it will look strange if I keep my speedos. I like how you can adjust the speed for accuracy.

Comment

Working...
                              X