• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch i information for tige newbie

Hi all, great dicussion board about tige's

I have been looking at some tiges and have come across some Switch i's
    there 2004/2005 models here in Oz.

does anyone know what length these are?

I was also after some info on Beam width and total weight on trailer and wake opinions I only have a young family with a 2 girls one girl 12 wakeboarding that I would class as beginner/ intermediate and the same for my wife and I.

Unlike the newer models like the 20i and 21i the switch doesn't give away its length, I was a little concerned with the width as the 21i's have a beam of 102" which would be 2590mm the legal towing width in Qld is 2500mm.

The 2 I looked at also don't have breakaway brakes which is required for all boats 2ton or over

I was hoping this style of boat would suit us more as we board about 70% and day trip 30% I thought with the taps the thing might be a little better on fuel when day tripping with taps down, and I could control the nose a bit in a little bit of chop. I like the "i" configuration as it give us a bit of deck room to walk around, is there much diferance in wake between a i and v drive in the same length

These boats have a nice full length ski lock I reackon I could get a 250 litre fatty in if we ever get to an advanced wakeboard stage.

Thanks, Mark

Click on Model Specs at the top of the page, some of what you asked is in there.

Does the brake law include trailer weight in that 2 ton or just trailer load?

May be some difference in the slalom wake, but the board and surf wakes will both be great and will respond well to ballast. 50/50 on the "i" and 60/40 if you go with a V drive

Welcome to the site.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Click on Model Specs at the top of the page, some of what you asked is in there.

Does the brake law include trailer weight in that 2 ton or just trailer load?

May be some difference in the slalom wake, but the board and surf wakes will both be great and will respond well to ballast. 50/50 on the "i" and 60/40 if you go with a V drive

Welcome to the site.
      Hey thanks for the head up on the model spec.. didn't see that. The guy is advertising the Switch i as a 21 foot boat which mades me think I would have had problems with the beam as the 21 I has a beam of 102". I didn't think the switch was a 21 footer, a bit of false advertising.

the law states here that combined trailer and boat wieght of 2ton or more mush have electric break away brakes, I thought this boat must be close the the 2 ton mark (boat and trailer, fuel, saftey gear, spare wheel)

Comment

I have a Switch I, it is 20' not 21'. The skiing wakes are great, the wakeboarding wakes without ballast are good. My son is 11 & wakeboards on them & they are plenty big enough. I stink a wakeboarding so the wake is fine. Does the boat have a tower? The finishs on the Switch aren't as premium as the other models but performance wise the boat has been great. We are approaching 300 hours with no problems. We live on a lake so the time the engine is running is all when we are using it, no cruising around.

Which engine does it have? We have the 335 Marine Power, strong motor for that boat. Gas usage isn't too bad.

Any questions just ask!

Comment

yeah the boat has a tower and looks like the 5.7 gm Mpi 315hp engine with 76 hours on it.

Is it hard getting Perfect pass fitted to one of these?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogz View Post
            yeah the boat has a tower and looks like the 5.7 gm Mpi 315hp engine with 76 hours on it.

Is it hard getting Perfect pass fitted to one of these?
            Moki is getting ready to do his and 3 others posted that they have done there own. Don't think it would be too hard if you are handy.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...t=perfect+pass

Originally posted by Dogz View Post

the law states here that combined trailer and boat wieght of 2ton or more mush have electric break away brakes, I thought this boat must be close the the 2 ton mark (boat and trailer, fuel, saftey gear, spare wheel)
            Sounds like its on a single axle trailer, is it. Would Surge brakes with a pull cord comply? Don't see many elec brakes on boats trailers, something about water and electricity . Might be able to trade in on a new or used trailer.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
            X