No announcement yet.

Subwoofer locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah i've got both my amps and the equalizer mounted where the stock amp is, I also moved the stock amp over some so I could fit it all in. I need to get some pics of it and post them. I think it looks pretty mean

Dom
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Hey Banks...

How long where the screws you used to mount the amps?
      I'm doing an install right now and I'm paranoid about blowing through the gel coat!

Thanks,

Eric

Comment

I believe that they were 2 inches... whatever came with the amps. I was concerned about the same thing, but there is actually a thick buffer behind there. Tigé uses the same thing to mount the factory clarion amps. overall, its a VERY solid place to mount amps! I'm putting in my cap, 1500 watt amp, and 2 down-facing 10's in front of the driver.
        Freude am Fahren.

Comment

Ruune, I just put my 12 inch JL sub facing down towards the hull and it has some deep, clean bass. I was impressed with the results.

Comment

lets see some pics, mr administrator!!!
            Freude am Fahren.

Comment

ha ha ha...I know...I just got the system installed the other night and haven't had an opportunity to get some day shots. I will post them once I have chance.

Comment

yeah... now all you want to do now is PLAY, right? Trust me, I know the feeling! I just submitted my thesis topic for approval... yet theres so much wake to be had right now!
                Freude am Fahren.

Comment

I have two 12's, one under the drivers legs and another in the storage compartment by the passenger. We have a 2001 21I and it bumps like non other. The only thing i have left to get is some tower speakers.

Comment

I mounted 2 12"'s at the drives feet (in the kick panel) and cut the holes with a better than average Jig-saw - that XL Panel is thick under there and except for the hole that the taps lines run through it's a pretty air-tight area - I've thought about using expanding foam to make it completely air-tight with the door shut but haven't done it yet and sounds fine and I run 2 batteries so as to not get stuck....

Ian

Comment

I put a 10 under the side wing seat next to the engine on my 22I. I took pics of the set-up this weekend and will post them tonight when I get home. I have one 10 in the drivers kick panel for 2 total. You could put a second 10 under the other side wing seat to make it 3 total. I have it firing through a 6X9 grill.

Comment

What is a good recomendation for a free air sub to mount under the dash in the factory location ?
                        I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Comment

Working...
                        X