2000 slm comp - Bilge Pump Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wondering if anyone knows where the stock location for the bilge pump is in a 1995 2000 slm comp?

Picture attached shows mine at present... seems high in the bilge, wondering if maybe a prior owner moved it to accommodate the slope that the boat sat on when in the hoist? Access lower in the bilge by the drain plug (at the front of the engine cover) is not great, may have also played a part in relocating assuming this is not the stock mounting point?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A side note, nothing to do with the bilge pump, but maybe a fellow ‘95 2000 slm comp owner might be able to also answer while looking at this post...

I cannot locate a capacity tag anywhere on this boat. Did Tige have these boats tagged, and if so, where is it hiding?

Comment

You can place a bilge pump wherever you want. I can’t imagine that’s the stock location. Mine is under the oil pan.

My capacity sticker is on my ski pylon.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I doubt there is a capacity tag. I don't think they were/are required until it's a certain length. My 97 doesn't have one.
          That bilge is immaculately clean. Amazing. Lets see the rest of that OG.
          I would think the lowest point and best location for the bilge pump is near the drain plug in the center.

Are you getting pulled on ski behind that?
          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Thank you!

The pump is headed forward. I’m considering an aftermarket round floor hatch to install forward of the pylon to make it accessible for testing and maintenance.

No tag to be seen in mine either, figured I’d check with the community to make sure it hadn’t gone MIA over the years.

The boat was in great shape when we bought it last fall. The bilge was not this clean at purchase, but pretty close [emoji6]. We’ve reupholstered the seat bases (split seams at piping) and replaced the original branding with current raised graphics over the winter. Otherwise appears mostly original as far as I can tell.

No great on-water pics yet, but here’s a couple from the garage:

Last edited by Pypes; 04-29-2019, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X